Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weymouth v Yeovil

With Weymouth leading 1-0 from a Dan Roberts effort this game has been abandoned due to another medical emergency!

Edited by Irishadrian
Senior spelling

4 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

With Weymouth leading 1-0 from a Dan Roberts effort this game has been abandoned due to another medical emergency!

It goes without saying that I hope that whoever collapsed is ok, and I'm all for doing whatever is necessary to ensure a spectators wellbeing. But once all that can be done has been done, why not simply restart the game (if it was even necessary to stop it)???

There was a Women's match yesterday where one of the players collapsed and was taken away in an Ambulance - that game resumed 7 minutes later and was completed, so it can be done.

12 hours ago, Nathan said:

It goes without saying that I hope that whoever collapsed is ok, and I'm all for doing whatever is necessary to ensure a spectators wellbeing. But once all that can be done has been done, why not simply restart the game (if it was even necessary to stop it)???

There was a Women's match yesterday where one of the players collapsed and was taken away in an Ambulance - that game resumed 7 minutes later and was completed, so it can be done.

I suppose the length of time for the stoppage comes into the equation.

Then if time wasn't an issue you have the point, as per the Bath debacle, of the ref asking the two managers if they want to carry on and I wouldn't mind betting that the Yeovil manager said no because his players were 'traumatized' or the players were cold. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

The Weymouth site is saying that the referee told the teams that he deemed it necessary to abandon the match and that Weymouth have been in contact with the FA and asked for a speedy resolution since the seasons end is so near.

5 minutes ago, michaelSTFC said:

I think I saw somewhere that the air ambulance had to land on the pitch to transport the ill supporter.

The point being how long did it take for the helicopter to arrive and then transport the person out of the ground.

I know there are more important things than a game of football but I'd be surprised if Weymouth didn't want to carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

The Weymouth site is saying that the referee told the teams that he deemed it necessary to abandon the match and that Weymouth have been in contact with the FA and asked for a speedy resolution since the seasons end is so near.

Surely both teams were told by the ref why he deemed it necessary to abandon the game.

Someone at the game today said because the game had reached the 75 minute mark the result would stand.

I somehow doubt that is true.

11 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Someone at the game today said because the game had reached the 75 minute mark the result would stand.

I somehow doubt that is true.

As I understand, the rules do say that 75 minutes is the minimum required for the possibility of a result standing, but there's already been a precedent set this season with games abandoned much later being replayed. So if anyone said that as fact, it is twaddle. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan said:

As I understand, the rules do say that 75 minutes is the minimum required for the possibility of a result standing, but there's already been a precedent set this season with games abandoned much later being replayed. So if anyone said that as fact, it is twaddle. 

It could well just depend on there being something on the game as regards promotion or relegation.