Welcome to the new sotware Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
smithyman

Racist Chants

If anyone from the club reads this before the match today can they make a point of getting the stewards to pay particular attention to this matter.

The team is already accused of being lucky, overphysical and cheating, we do not want to add racist fans to that list.

Whether or not the chanting did happen at the Farnborough game, the point I'm trying to make is that reputations are easy to get and hard to lose. In addition it only takes a few brainless idiots to tarnish the reputation of the whole club, for example not all England fans are drunken hooligans but that's the overall impression that is created and perpetuated. If it becomes well known that we adopt a 'zero tolerance' approach to this then it will make it more difficult for opposing fans to accuse us of racism in the future and send a message to those brainless idiots that they're not wanted at Stonebridge Road.

I noted on the Vics messageboard that the one downside to the Northwich efforts was Mr Rioch rolling around at every opportunity - especially when he succeeded in getting Rob Owen booked (to be fair, it was a late challenge which may potentially have got a yellow card anyway). Even the Vics fan that responded agreed fully with me !!