Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman League - Hornchurch 1 Maidenhead United 0

Urchins

We finished our home league programme with this victory courtesy of a Gavin McGowan second half goal.

We nearly took the lead as early as the 10th minute when a ball forward from Jamie Southon found Andy Douglas who got clear and side-footed past visiting keeper Nick Hart, but defender Andy Dugdale got back to clear off the line. Hart had to swat the ball over the bar from a Jon Keeling cross a minute later but in the closing minutes of the half Maidenhead had two good chances. A long range effort from Danny Bolt dipped just over and then a searing volley from Ryan Ashe was brilliantly saved by Gay.

We started the second half with purpose and scored the winning goal within three minutes. A Keith Rowland went high to the far post where it was headed back in by Jamie Southon. Gavin McGowan controlled the ball and spun to strike the ball low past an unsighted Hart. Maidenhead worked hard to get back into the game and Gay saved well again from a long range effort from Bolt in the 55th minute. With 15 minutes to go Maidenhead had probably their best chance of the game. Lawrence Yaku latched onto a long ball foward from Kelvin McIntosh and with Gay off his line lobbed the ball wide.

Line-up:- Gay, Gooding, Rowland, Adedeji, Williams (Kerrigan 78), McGowan, Keeling, Southon, Brayley (Abbott 62), Douglas (John 87), J Martin. Subs not used:- R Martin, McCartney (GK).

Danny Gay and our defence kept us in the game. Maidenhead pressed hard in the second half as we appeared to accept the single goal and I did not see us scoring a second. The lino and ref were obviously on a completely different planet, hence why we ended up with four bookings and nearly 10 mins injury time.

A sunny last home game of the season and three points in the bag.

A decent performance by the lads my MOM's where Gavin pulled of some great tackles and helped the attack well and Dougie again he's like a duracell bunny, the guy never stops running and he was very unlucky not to score !

A great atmosphere for the last game at home, I don't think i have ever heard a longer chant than "Gary Hill's red and white army".