Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Did you see Englands Dream Team prog on Ch4? last night.

I agree with 9 of the choices of the greatest players in their positions, the likes of Stuart Pearce, Gordon Banks, Gary Linekar, Bobby Moore, David Beckham and Tony Adams.

But two of them I want to disagree with.

1st one why put Gazza in best all time England? - I would of had Bryan Robson, Bryan aka Capt Marvel by the tabloids was a true leader in the centre, Gazza temper was suspect. Take the S/final for example.

The other one I would have to disagree with was Shearer - it should of been in my opinion Jimmy Greaves in there. Shearer in my eyes is nothing more than a thug.

What he did to Leicester player - Neil Lennon was disgusting, granted for club not country, but when it came to banning Shearer long time like any other player who acted so badly the FA bottled it, as they wanted their striker there. Watch him on highlights niggly digs and argh.

If you watch archive footage of Jimmy Greaves far better than Shearer. Natural goal scorer.

Who would you have agreed with or disagreed with?

I would have gone pretty much the same as you Mark :-

Banks

Cohen

Pearce

Adams

Moore

Matthews

Robson

R Charlton

Finney

Greaves

Lineker

Although Shearer was very close in my book - it's just that I didn't know which of Greaves or Lineker to leave out.

Interesting that they had Finney on the left, but many of the clips showed him scoring by coming in, on the back post, from the right !!