Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Diary of an away Windsor fan (Dulwich)

Humpty

Sunday 18th July 2004

Dulwich Hamlet 0 Windsor & Eton 1

@ Greenwich Borough FC

Started the day by thinking I had no confidence in the websites directions to the game today. So met up with Betty to give him a lift and then to meet with Cindy, Nobby, & Sid to follow them to the game. On the way Betty and I listened to a live Metallica CD and some Wayne’s World moments were had. We left at 11.30am and got to the ground at 1pm. It was quite funny because Malcolm and his passengers left at 11am and got there at 1.30pm. We were later told they had unintentionally taken a tour of London!!!

The clubhouse was very basic but very big. They sold Carling, Guinness, John Smiths and Bud but run short due to a party the previous night. Cans and bottles were brought in to be sold.

The Ground was very basic. It was very picturesque with lots and greenery with high-rise flats in the distance. A couple of bits of cover but not much space to stand behind the goal.

The first half starting line up in no particular order was: Martini, Tilbury, Cook, Kearsley, Walsh, Townley, Gomez, Adams, Reid, Carroll and Cox.

The first half was all very positive apart from after 15 minutes Townley came off and Parsons came on. I am not sure what had happen but he seemed to have an ice pack on his ankle. At Half time the score was 0-0 and Kearsley, Gomez, Cook and Adams put in notably very good first half performances.

Quote of the day goes to Betty. Chopper was lets say making a stink and Malcolm said if you are going to do that then you can walk home. Betty then said he would probably get home quicker that way.

The second half starting line up in no particular order was: Martini, Parsons,

T O’Connor, Khalouq, Tilbury, Kearsley, Oatley, Lowe, Brahim, Adams and Reid.

Half way through the second half Windsor got their goal. Oatley had a shot that all us behind the goal thought was going wide and Dulwich’s number 3 tried to clear it and put it in the back of the net. The game finished 0-1.

The only Raaabish thing was Townley getting injured. Hope it is nothing serious and there were 4 Ballooooooooooooon’s

After the game I asked Dennis for some of the players names and he did not know them. Scary!!!

The journey home with Betty and Sid was very chatty and very positive for the first friendly of the season. I made a slight driving mistake on the way home due to heavy traffic and me not concentrating. I also nearly run out of petrol but just made it back home in time for roast dinner.

* Any constructive comments about the diary welcome. I am only doing the friendlies on the forum for a trial run and feedback. When this season starts I am hoping it will go in the programme.

Humpty, this is better. Not as formal as last season which makes it a whole lot better.

The only thing I will say is can you check the players names first. It is Kersey not Kearsley and Gomis not Gomez.

But appart from that, well done!!

Humpty,

Good write-up! The only thing I would be tempted to add is to put in a good word for Dulwich's second half keeper. He was a good shot-stopper, organised his defence well, and seemed to be a nice fella to boot! Had no chance with the goal - I suspect that like us, he thought it was going wide.

SiD