Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Juho Rantala

This made me laugh -taken from the Evening Echo site...<p>Soccer: Fin Juho swaps Bulgarian nightmare for Billericay<p>Brought to you by the Evening Echo<p>A sinister encounter with two pistol-packing Bulgarian heavies has made Juho Rantala appreciate his move to Billericay Town all the more. <p>The Finnish defender has been impressed with the friendliness of fans, staff and players since signing a one-year contract at New Lodge last month. <p>But he could hardly go wrong after his experiences at one of his previous trials in eastern Europe. <p>Juho, 27, remembered: "My agent got me a trial with Bulgarian Premier Division side call Beroe and they paid for my air tickets so I agreed. <p>"I was picked up at the airport by two guys who looked like a couple of crooks and we ended up driving off at about 100mph and were tailed by the police. <p>"Eventually a policeman stopped us and the driver got out. It was only then that I noticed the two men were carrying Smith & Wessons and had a large plastic bag full of money. <p>"I just thought to myself: `What am I doing here?' <p>"I eventually stayed for a week and they offered me a contract but I declined. I just wondered what would happen if I was playing badly!" <p>Billericay Town's management trio of Gary Calder, Chris Snowsill and George Borg may read the riot act at half-time, but it's safe to assume Juho has less reason to worry about his health at New Lodge than in Bulgaria. <p>Juho has been generally impressed with ambitious Town's set-up and had no hesitation in signing and moving to England with his girlfriend Anna, who has secured a job at a bank in London. <p>He said: "I feel really at home here. I have heard how ambitious the club is and they really want to go forward with a £6m new stadium. <p>"Billericay also have really good players, fans and coaches. In Finland you play just for yourself and the team, but in England you don't want to let the fans down. <p>"Billericay fans love their club and six hundred supporters at New Lodge make much more noise than a thousand fans would do in Finland. I really want to do well for them." <p>Juho added: "My goal while I am here is to help Billericay go up to the Nationwide Conference, although that will be difficult with just one team going up from the Ryman Premier each year. <p>"However, I think that's a realistic aim if the club is ambitious as they have told me."

Hey, so what was so funny?<p>We're a great little team with great players. A management team that is forward thinking and pro active.<p>This season? We were just unlucky, thats all!!!<p>This player, Juho, well, he couldn't have made a better move. He'll be the supporters club player of the season, next season.

• 9 months later...
Quote:
This made me laugh -taken from the Evening Echo site...

Soccer: Fin Juho swaps Bulgarian nightmare for Billericay

Haha. It should have been

"Fin Juho swaps Bulgarian nightmare for Billericay nightmare"