Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results on 8th- and memories !

Essex County Cup Semi-Final

Bowers & Pitsea 0 (0-0) 3 Halstead Town Att 142 : Ben Cranfield 53min Gareth Heath (Pen) 61m and Matt Carmichael 78 min. Best moment - recalling many happy memories with Halstead Town Chairman, Jimmy Holder, a member of the great Heybridge Swifts Championship sides of 1982-83 and 1983-84 and 5 times, a County Cup finalist !

South Midlands Cup :- Hillingdon Borough 6 0 Stansted and Royston Town 0 2 Sawbridgeworth Town.

Eastern Floodlight Competition : Hullbridge Sports 1-1 Southend Manor.

Royston 0 Sawbo 2

The officials.. what can I say. If anyone complains about the ESL offals then please have a look at SML offals. Apart from letting GBH and a few waist high tackles go on with Royston's gang of inbred, albino, six fingered, webbed feet, banjo playing thugs they proceeded to book Sawbo players for... wait for it. Talking to the crowd, Being moved 10 yards for a free kick the ball hitting the player who did not move. We had a goal disallowed by their club linesman( as the lino didn't turn up). The game was fractured and Royston had one game plan. 'ave it!!!! They never troubled the backs as the defence was superb at protecting little old me. the only weapon in their arsenal was a long throw and a big hoof. First Half we were second to the ball in midfield but Second half we played some excellent football and passed round them. All in all a good win away in the everglades.

Scouse definately agree mate i thought we done well second half which made up for the first.

But the officials were a joke and someone could of got seriosly hurt last night, i still cant beleive he wouldent answer my questions over the goal unbeleivable arrogance!!.

not somewhere i wanna go back especially in midweek but job done.

Eastern Floodlight Competition : Hullbridge Sports 1-1 Southend Manor.

did Southend behave or carry on moaning from our game last saturday at Romford, led by there two coaches and club captin, grown men let loose from there prams and throwing there toys out.

Yes, Jimmy is one of the all time greats of our game and seemed to recall with great clarity, every moment of his time at Dagenham . I just happened to mention Heybridge Swifts as they are the team I personally remember. The man who signed him for Dagenham was also at Bowers last night, Tommy Harris, who started his Management career at Canvey taking them into the Parthenon League in 1957. The man responsible for signing Jimmy, Neville Fox and Julian Lamb back in the 80's at Heybridge Swifts was their Manager, Joe O'Sullivan who I understand now lives in Portugal and does a bit of scouting for Charlton. Another familiar face last night was Bob Dodds, formerly at Basildon United , Stansted and Braintree Town and now on the Halstead Town committee. The other news is that the Ridgeons side are moving from their Rosemary Lane ground to a new one out of town.

Plenty of memories .. oh forgot to mention there was a match going on but I am afraid we ran out of steam after a very good first half performance.