Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amber and Black

michael

Whilst its covered elsewhere, forgive me for posting a seperate thread, but my vote would also go for amber and black as an away strip only.

I think this came up about two seasons ago when it was marginally to late to change the red away strip.

Amber and Black for me again as away kit

I must admit, I did ask about it last night and it seems that there is a good reason to keep it. If it is for the good of the club that we have to have it I suppose I will have to grow to like it.

Maybe if we won a few games in it it would not seem so bad. Preferable beat Redbridge in it to lay those devils to rest. And perhaps make the shorts a bit shorter!

I actually quite liked the kit and thought the shorts were really cool.

Just that we never won anything in it,and as you say MF a few wins in the kit would soon change the opinion.

Would still prefer a fresh start in Amber and Black though.

Just out of interest, what are the corporate colours of the new sponsoring company-not green and white or amber and black by chance

I don't think so, Keith put the idea across for the Amber abd Black as a good gesture in going back to the roots of the club, new start and all that. But he was prepared to listen to our preferences, and we did point out that "CK's Black and Amber army" did not scan so well in the song.

The away kit as you know was the preferred choice of a highly esteemed and highly influential local business still operating in the area, if you catch my drift.

Out of pure selfishness, I am glad we are keeping the blue, as it saves me from making new flags, knitting four new scarves, and I can still wear Clarkey's shirt next season!

• 2 weeks later...

Agree. The amber and black was worn as as an away strip in the 50's and 60's. I also hope there is a bit more white in the home kit.

Green hoops - whose idea was that?

All blue with white on shoulders. Looks good but some said there was too much white on the shoulders. I personally thought it looked spot on but it seems a blue stripe down the side of the arm will or maybe added.

[color:"blue"] Please clarify how the shirt looks for the benefit of those of us who couldn't make the meeting.

ie

Amber shirts, black trim.

Amber & Black halves (Blackburn style)

etc

Sorry but I am unable to do that. Do not have printer which will enable me to do so. I am assuming you need a printer to do this or maybe there is another way. Anyway I cant do it and wouldnt know how anyway. Maybe the club could oblige with this.

When I was a lad in the 60s I seem to remember the bluenoses always playing in white. The Thanet United phase was also white was it not?

When did Margate go back to their (traditional I thought) blue?

I wonder what match the amber and black kit wil make its league debut in ?

Looks to me as though Billericay, Hampton,Leyton,Staines,Wealdstone, Wimbledon home kits clash with our blue