Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Enquiry Into Mark Read

My understanding is that Mark made a remark during a Hornchurch V Romford Youth friendly last season, that was misinterpreted as a "racist remark".

Most people, including the ref agreed at the time it was a misunderstanding but presumably certain people won't let it drop.

Billy may know more, I think he organised that game.

Quote:
BOROMAN said:

Most people, including the ref agreed at the time it was a misunderstanding but presumably certain people won't let it drop.

I hope you are not referring that comment to us? Be careful, you have stated totally inaccurate comments here. Neither are Hornchurch getting involved in this matter in any way, shape or form.

Mr Office Boy.

Please be assured this was not a dig at any particular indivdual or club.

1) I merley stated what I knew based on what Mark publicly stated in the Eton Manor V Romford programme.

2) My reference to persons "not letting it drop" was aimed at nobody in particular. It was just an assumption that if everybody seemed to agree it was a misunderstanding, presumably somebody is making a point of continuing it.

3)I only referred to Billy because he may have been able to shed some light on it, having been at the game where as I wasn't.

I apolgise if I caused any misunderstanding by my post. If you feel it would be better to delete this whole thread, please contact the administrator with my blessing.

yes i did orginise the game

hornchurch under 19s vs a romford 11

also i orginised a letter from one of our players backing mr reed....

i am lead to belive the ref and lino sent a report to the essex fa..other than that i havnt got a clue

I didn't really want to get drawn into this but shortly after the remark was supposed to have been made. It came up in conversation with Mark, and I know he was/is very cut up about this whole affair. And the sooner this is done and dusted the better it will be for everyone concerned. I also heard at the time that Hornchurch could of not been more helpful with this incident.

I was at said game, sitting close to the dug out. What Boroman has stated in his original post on this thread squares with my recollections.

Everything seemed to be sorted out between the 2 benches by the end of the game, but as we know, referees sometimes have their own ideas about things.

I would also second what Lightweight has said about the honourable behaviour of Hornchurch.