Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whats worse

As we reach the final furlong which teams are under the most pressure, Ramsgate or Ashford, Briantree or Hendon.?

Do fans and officers expect more from title contenders than the relegation battlers, is it worse to be relegated or miss out on promotion?

I ask this question because having been at both ends in the last few seasons I can’t come up with what I think should be the right answer.

Surely the sensible answer is it is better to stay up than go up. So why did it hurt more to miss out on promotion?.

Say you?

I think it hurt us not getting promoted because:

1) we came pretty close to winning the league

2) we never expected last season to be as good as it was, once we were given a taste of it we hoped for more.

3) In the playoffs we simply never performed and didnt play to the standards that had put us in that position in the first place.

I think if you are in a relegation position you have seen your side struggle all season and to a degree you almost feel that if you went down you could start again, rebuild and actually see your side win a league and go on from that. When we went down the other season we deserved to, when we missed out on promotion we were very unlucky to do so and thats why for me missing out on a promotion is worse.