Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Great win for the reserves

blueblood

O-2 away to Tonbridge.

Gate are on 16, 3 points clear of chatham and 6 clear of Dover. Dover have 1 game in hand.

Just seen one of the dads at the game. They had 5 regulars missing and ground out a win after a shaky start. Heath in defence had a good game as well as Stellon in attack. Triallist for first team also played and was iffy it appears we had better sitting on the bench. Pratt ran his heart out and scored a goal with Bagley.

Overrall a good result and truly a good reserve team developing.

I caught the last 20 minutes of the Margate/Ashford youth game (does anyone know the final score? I have no idea what it was). It was a scrappy game as can be expected with a heavy pitch. The Margate defence got caught on the break. They really need to work on how they organise themselves when the opposition break through. The heading of the ball seemed rather reluctant, as if they were scared to head it (I sympathise...). Pity to see Margate not score (while I was there) as they had a cracking chance to do so but just missed it. The ref was much better this time.

As Ive said before, theres potential with these youth teams. You can see them coming forward and the opposition just cant stop them. They have the heart for it. They just need to be careful they dont get caught on the break as Margate were really caught out. Nice saves by the Margate goalie.

It would be nice to see more Margate fans turning up to see the Sunday games and cheer on the Blues. Im sure the team would really appreciate it.