Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

On the subject of the ground development...

Dutch_Mike

Have been meaning to post this for a while...

Last Friday my year at school had the pleasure of being able to ask a Conservative MP (who is on the board of Thanet District Council and Kent County Council - although his name escapes me) any question we wanted. Naturally, I just HAD to ask about the redevelopment of our ground ("You seem to imply you make quick decisions, so why has it taken you so long to make a decision over the development of Margate football ground?" was the exact wording). To which, as you would expect from a politician, he reeled off a lot of spin regarding the finanical viability of the backers. He stated "As you know, Margate football club has had a number of financial difficulties over the past years..." to which I promptly added "Due to the council".

Anyway, after this pleasant exchange, he stated something which concerned me. He said that the current situation was that the last application was rejected (he did not explain why) and that the club had not submitted any more plans. This certainly concerns me - what is actually going on? And why have we been (seemingly) kept in the dark over it all?

IF the MP in question is Roger Gale he is one of the biggest jokes in the Conservative Party (why IS HE STILL A BACK BENCHER even in the shadow Cabinet)

As a Conservative voter I am embaressed by him (although he did help out my parents a few years back) My dad likes him but I will tell him to his face what I think.....whatever the consequences

Agree with Frankie the guy is a useless "TWAT!" you have to worry when your local MP uses his voice in parliment to advocate animal rights instead of trying to get across the degenrate state of his own constituencies to the people in the postion to do something(suposedly).

He couldnt be an MP if he was on TDC and KCC. He'd have to be a Councillor. There are only so many places in the Shadow Cabinet and given how Roger Gale is one of the elder MPs its hardly a suprize hes not in the Shadow Cabinet. If it was a Councillor it could have been Ezekiel or Latchford. If it was just an MP it couldve been Ladyman.

As for the animal rights, The Birchington Office is also the office for the Conservative Animal Welfare Group, thus why he has an interest in the Animal Welfare Bill for example.

I wouldnt worry too much about the MFC application. Weve got to get some news soon.

Michael, is it spin because you dont agree with it? Just because it isnt what the club told you, it doesnt mean its wrong.

So what was Chris Wells at your school for? He wouldnt be the guy to talk to about Margate FC. That would be Cllr John Kirby, who is in charge of Planning.

It was spin because, inevitably, he dodged the questions! As he introduced himself as a member of the Thanet District Council and was able to answer any questions on the area, that seemed to suggest to me that that included the development of the local football team.

Quote:
Number6 said:
The ground saga seems to be ongoing..It would be great for everyone in Thanet if Margate had a decent stadium,i'm sure lots more people would come and watch them.
I dont know who is to blame,directors or council but the sooner its sorted the better.

Blame Charlie Mitten !!

he seems to get blamed for alot nowadays