Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Saturday 10 November

Originally Posted By: onekeown
Bradley is on fire at the moment, playing his best football ever

Why am I not surprised, this will probably be his last season at Goffs Lane and the SSML before a Step 3, 2, 1 or even a league Club comes in for him, I'm amazed one hasn't done so already.

hey oners! i deserve to be dropped on tuesday for it, was a ridiculous attempt!lol

The boys said they matched them for long periods without creating much! Gudge is unbelievable, could easily play conference! Did Wolfy deserve to go?

Horace wat are Langford like? got them tuesday?

Langford WILL score goals against you. Good going forward, poor defensively. Job is to get more than them! They had a central defender playing centre forward and he got two against our defence. Had a lot of youngsters, and they fell apart in the middle part of the game. If we had stuck to our game we would have finished 5 or 6 -1

p.s. Got any more spare 'keepers? Lost another one in Sat's Res game!

5-5 it will be then!! we've looked a lot better defensively l8ly so hopefully we can nick it!!

Yea Michael Cooper told me. We've got Kalli and a young lad we have just signed for the ressies. B4 that Matt Kearney was playing in goal for the ressies!

Robbo said he'l be ok for tomoras game!

His missus told me on Sat that the baby was due that day! He'll be a brave lad if he plays tomorrow if the baby's still imminent (or indeed if it's been born!)

I thought both sendings off were harsh...it was a shame for wolfie as he was absolutely outstanding...hes got himself very fit and looked top class on sat...same goes for gudge...quite a few of the ware lads showed they could def move up a division or two...the kiddy sending off kicked them into life and they stepped up a gear or two...until then it was nip and tuck...looked like a replay all the way

Originally Posted By: HTFC ONE
This goalkeeping situation is shocking...wot happened to the ressie one?

All I know is he was stretchered off when it was 3-0

blues I agree with Horace, Langford are good going forward but a bit shaky at the back if you get at them.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Tring Athletic 3 1 Welwyn Garden City

A report from Tring Athletic's Website:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=630

Originally Posted By: Horace
Ampthill Town 3 3 New Bradwell St Peter

A report on the above game from New Bradwell's side of the fence:

An absorbing end to end game played with good spirit and commitment ended all square after New Bradwell squandered a two goal lead.
In blustery conditions, Bradwell kicked with the wind in the first half and pushed the home defence back. We took the lead following a Rob Mooney free kick in the 21st minute. Mike Downard rose well above anyone else to plant a firm header against the bar. The ball rebounded to Dave Cole on the edge of the area, who smashed the ball in to the far corner.
We could have gone two up when Rob Mooney shot in from fully 40 yards but only as the referee blew for a Greg Tite foul. Minutes later we had the ball in the net again only for the goal to be ruled out for offside.
Martin Wells then had the chance to level the scores but was denied by a brilliant Tom Kennard save. Unfortunately, the young keeper dislocated his shoulder and had to leave the field after the game was held up for several minutes. Mike Downard went in goal with Kevin Hyde coming on to the pitch.
Bradwell went two up after 33 minutes when Greg Tite's shot took a deflection to wrong foot the home keeper. Tite's 9th of the season. Bradwell relaxed a little though and Martin Wells capitalised on a defensive mix up from the visitors to bring Ampthill back in to the game just two minutes later.
Shortly afterwards Greg Tite missed from the penalty spot after the referee had blown up for a foul. Tite's first spot kick miss in his career.
The second half was similar to the first, but perhaps even more open. Ampthill penned Bradwell back for the first fifteen minutes and Paul Munday's long range free kick was tipped onto the post by stand in keeper Downard. The corner came to nothing.
Bradwell scored on the break in the 63rd minute through Lea Coulter to put the visitors 3-1 up. Coulters 6th of the season and his fourth in two games. Again though, in the 65th minute Bradwell made a slip when defending a corner and Wells got his second of the game when the ball struck him and went in. Bradwell had other chances to win the game with Tite, Hyde and Wheatley all going close.
Again Bradwell came back and almost put the game beyond Ampthill when Tite hit the ball goalbound, with the keeper beaten a defender headed off the line and over the bar. This was to prove costly for the vistors shortly afterwards in the 85th minute as the referee awarded a contentious penalty after adjudging that Stuart Reynolds had been taken down in the box. Reynolds duly smacked the ball in to level the scores.
Credit to both sides for an entertaining game. Bradwell are disappointed to have let Ampthill off the hook when well placed though. We scrapped and battled well and are proving a tough nut to crack.