Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Saturday 10 November

The Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League

Saturday, 10 November 2007

Anagram Records Feeder Leagues Trophy 2007-2008

Round 2

Sutton Common Rovers 2 0 The 61 FC

Premier Division

Aylesbury Vale 1 0 Colney Heath

Beaconsfield SYCOB 1 2 Biggleswade Town

Broxbourne Borough V&E 3 1 Kingsbury London Tigers

Chalfont St Peter 3 1 Ruislip Manor

Hanwell Town 7 1 Oxhey Jets

Holmer Green 2 2 Biggleswade United

Langford 3 4 Hertford Town

Leverstock Green 1 1 Brimsdown Rovers

London Colney 1 2 Cockfosters

St Margaretsbury 0 1 Harefield United

Tring Athletic 3 1 Welwyn Garden City

Division One

Ampthill Town 3 3 New Bradwell St Peter

Arlesey Athletic 0 2 Hoddesdon Town

Bedford 5 3 Winslow United

Bedford Town Reserves 1 1 Stony Stratford Town

Brache Sparta 1 3 Royston Town

Cheshunt Reserves 0 2 Buckingham Athletic

Cranfield United 5 2 Amersham Town

Kentish Town 1 0 Sport London e Benfica

Sun Postal Sports 2 0 Harpenden Town

Division Two

AFC Dunstable 4 0 Padbury United

Caddington 3 0 Old Bradwell United

Crawley Green 2 2 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Kent Athletic 6 1 Totternhoe

Kings Langley 1 0 Aston Clinton

Mursley United 3 1 Markyate

Risborough Rangers 2 0 Tring Corinthians

Originally Posted By: Horace

Kentish Town 1 0 Sport London e Benfica

A comfortable win for us today despite the narrow scoreline, Sport London e Benfica did not threaten at all in the second half and I don't recall our goalkeeper touching the ball more than a handful of times, Thomas Looney scored the goal direct from a free kick on 48 minutes which the keeper made a hash of. The first period was end to end with both sides creating chances however we scored what looked like a perfectly good goal which was adjudged not to have crossed the line, Benfica scored what they thought was a goal but it was clearly offside although it was lucky Mr Panayiotou wasn't running the line. Benfica niggled, moaned and dived the whole game but we had built this into our Don Revie style dossier on them and knew full well what to expect.
PS Where's Eagles1981

What a great result for Buckingham Athletic away to one of The divisions inform sides Cheshunt Reserves.It goes to show how open this division is this season.

Be Lucky

Phoinex - Buckingham Athletic are no mugs as they showed last week against us, I don't know if they've had a recent change of Management but they are continually in your face and close down space quickly throwing you out of your stride. Obviously Cheshunt's kids weren't able to live with this today.

Horace- sounds like a cracker today, can't wait for the match report, worst result of the day must be Oxhey's drubbing at the hands of Hanwell Town (or were they SLeb in disguse)as it appears

they didn't turn up today against Kentish Town.

Be Lucky

Sounds a bit like sqeaky bum time towards the end horace after gaining a comfortable lead, Langford seem to finish games the stronger ( ask Rhodes ).

What do you think your chances are this season, five or six good sides this season rather than three from last season.

be Lucky

Langford are well known for being good going forward but not so good defending, and today was no different. Good centre forward that I've not seen before (Matt or Mark Wright) and of course Groves and Pateman. We had Redford out suspended today - I think this would have been one for him!

Overall, I can see us being one of the half dozen up there.

[phoinex]

What a great result for Buckingham Athletic away to one of The divisions inform sides Cheshunt Reserves.It goes to show how open this division is this season.

Indeed Buckingham were in our faces from the off despite their late arrival due to M25 disruption.

We have had our own fair share of disruption this week with the already well documented management changes at the club this week.

The youngsters (cause that is what they are) were tired from two recent hard fought victories over league leaders Hoddesdon & Royston who had a good win at Brache Sparta 3-1 today.

Buckingham weren't the best side we have played this season, but their work ethic will cause a lot of teams problems.

Anyway what you & rhodes forget is that we are only a RESERVE side that is there to service our 1st TEAM.(which is our main purpose)As it is at all football clubs.

So despite the defeat the ressies are more than happy with our season so far and happy that the 1st team picked up a point at Bromsgrove Rovers today.

We were a bit jaded today and Buckingham took full advantage.

We have a free week this coming week and can look forward to re-charging our batteries for a trip to New Bradwell in a fortnight.

I decided, against my better judgement to watch the Caddington vs Old Bradwell game. I scout for a reasonably local side and had heard about a couple of young lads from one of these sides. What a terrible mistake I made. I should have stuck to my first decision and gone to the UCL Game between Wellingborough and Potton. I have to say, I like watching the Sotyh mids far better than the UCL, but not today.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Leverstock Green 1 1 Brimsdown Rovers

A report from the above game:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20071110.htm

Horace

Mark Wright is a Centre Back, he filled in up front due to injuries to both main strikers Byrne and Walker, but he played really well. Just about the right result yesterday in my opinion. Langford,like yourselves, have had injuries in key areas, centre backs at the start of the season (we are still waiting for the return of De La Salle from a broken foot), Mark himself injured an ankle in the FA Cup and was out for weeks and now the strikers are injured.

We have had some great results, beating Harefield, Aylesbury Vale (twice),and Biggleswade United, but to be fair none of these sides seemed as good as they were last season

Miko - well, if he's a centre back then he should be a centre forward on yesterday's showing! First goal was a class strike and his second was a good old fashioned centre forward's headed goal against a smaller keeper. At 4-1 I was confidently expecting 5 or 6 when the manager decided to give the subs a run out in the last 15 minutes. He maintains that, as he didn't change the formation, replacing like with like, it shouldn't have affected the outcome. I'm not a manager, but it looked to me like it did disrupt us and allowed Langford to get two late goals.

We convincingly beat a decent Kingsbury side yesterday stretching our unbeaten run to 5 games and gave us some breathing space from the bottom places!!

The ref awarded us a last minute pen and i decided (like the fool i am) to give it a little chip down the middle, because the game was over and the keeper couldnt be bothered to dive either way, he just stood there and picked up the ball!! TAXI for blues06...

Did Saf surface and did Bradley play, I get the impression he has had a quiet season so far compared to last when he won player of the year.