Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendance

Stupid decision to first make it all ticket and then to limit it to 4 per person so people didnt miss out the only thing that missed out with this decision was the club finances. I saw at least 30 or 40 people being turned away including one poor bloke who had travelled all the way from Nottingham without a ticket. We as a club manage to shot ourselves in the foot everytime we have an opportunity to sell orselves to a wider audience. Still I do think we showed the [****!!****] of a TAMWORTH manager that we are not just a long ball side .

I think the ticket arrangement was fine and if anyone wanted more than 4 they had every opportunity to get them after the Daggers game. However, as it was not a sell out, there should have been the opportunity to buy at a gate on the day.

As for long ball merchants, didn't we just boot the ball upfield for most of the game, again! Yet the few times neat footie played to feet created our best chances and the goal. We need to do more of it and stop the constant pressure on our back four, especially 2nd half.

I was expecting around 3000 but was still disappointed by the official figure. If tickets had been on sale during the morning of the match or an option to pay on the gate were available I reckon the attendance could have been nearer the 3500 mark possible even more than that.

I do think though that ticket sales could have been handled better and more could have been done to advertise the game locally and this was a chance for the club to capitalise on the occasion by aiming to attract more new support which has been mentioned on here on numerous occasions.

Saying that it was suprising how many people were content to watch the match on sky instead of coming to the ground.

It doesn't help much playing long hopeful balls forward when the only player we have who is likely to win the ball in the air and cause a few problems is sitting on the bench.

As for the attendance maybe we just have to accept the fact that we can't fill the ground. I think the ticket sales were well handled to ensure that regular fans got priority unfortunately there wasn't a lot of interest from casual fans to take up the remainder of the tickets.

We should forget about the 1,000 tickets we couldn't sell. There must still have been approx 1,500 Fleet fans on Saturday who don't normally go... they are the people that the club needs to target.

It was well meaning but a flawed idea concerning ticketing arrangements.

The attendance was poor because Gravesend is full of plastic Premiership Supporters.

Still there were Casual Fans there and hopefully it gave them a taste for the Fleet, I have been critical of the team but they were superb on Saturday.