Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Patience paying off for Richards at Chester

FF News

Chester FC attacker Kane Richards is pleased to have claimed a starting opportunity in the Blues side – with patience being a virtue for the 21-year-old.

Speaking to ChesterFC.com, he said: “I’ve had to bide my time. Obviously we’ve got some good players in the squad – but I’ve just had to keep going.

“Fortunately on Saturday the gaffer threw me on the pitch and I did alright – hopefully now I can stay in the starting eleven.

“I’m my biggest critic – although I think my dad will have something to say about the game; that I should have scored or something!

“But, it’s all about the three points. It doesn’t matter how I’m playing if we don’t get the three points. I feel I did alright, but there’s always room for improvements.”

The former Ilkeston man has featured in both Bank Holiday fixtures this weekend – and was speaking on the back of a 1-1 draw with Guiseley.

Kane said: “This season we’ve set ourselves a high standard – so we believe we can win every game. We fought hard, to go 1-0 up we did well because we didn’t really create much.

“They scored a sloppy goal – we could have defended better – and we’ve only got a point.

“Everyone is disappointed – they know how far we’ve come and where we want to go so today we should have won the game.”

The Blues went ahead through John Rooney – but Adam Boyes’ goal pegged the Blues back: “Their game plan was to come here, hope for a goal, and defend. I think us going a goal up spoiled their plans a bit – we should have got another.

“I thought I should have had a penalty at that point – but then we conceded a sloppy goal. We didn’t keep the ball in midfield, there was a couple of lucky rebounds; and they’ve scored the goal.

“They looked like they might win the game after that – we’re disappointed.”

With the score delicately poised at 1-0, Richards was booked for simulation when he went down inside the area – and he gave his take on the decision: “I’ve stepped across my man, he’s clipped me and I’ve gone down. I wouldn’t have gone down easily because I was in on goal.

“Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don’t! Unfortunately he’s booked me when we could have had another penalty.”

The Blues host Forest Green this Saturday (3pm): “We know they’re a good side – but we’re looking to be a play-off team. This means that we want to beat teams like them, and take points off them.

“We’ll be going into the game confident because it’s not a loss; we still got a point. If we do play to the best of our strengths we can beat them.”

Source: www.chesterfc.com

Source

Archived