Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leese to stay on as Chesham boss

FF News

Chesham United have announced this morning that they have agreed to retain Andy Leese and Jon Meakes as their Management team for next season.

It will be the tenth season the duo have been at the club as they approach their 500th game in charge of the Generals, who also celebrate their centenary next year.

A momentous season looked like it was being soured by rumour and speculation that the club and manager might part company but a pivotal week of discussions has seen agreement reached ahead of the Berks and Bucks Senior Cup Final which takes place against Aylesbury FC at Windsor FC on Monday, 2nd May.

Andy Leese was pleased matters had been resolved in time for the planning for next season to commence “It has been an unsettling period of late, but I am delighted we have been able to reach agreement. The details need to be discussed, but it is important for all the stakeholders in the club to know where they stand.

Jon and I have had great support from the fan base as we always have and I’d like to think that is because we do a decent job.

"We have had some great times, none more so than this season and we want to build on that and keep the progressing within its means. I will be helping the Chairman on some of the initiatives and changes that are needed to move forward as the game waits for no one.

I think this will bring some other people closer to the club and we can have a positive summer of planning and building. It starts for me today with some important calls I need to make! “

Chairman, Brian McCarthy was equally pleased with the outcome. “Andy and Jon have given us a sustained period of success in their time here and we want to continue with that. They always strive for the top 5 positions in the League and this year was no exception. However we could not have anticipated the amazing Cup runs and the injuries we sustained along the way which Andy feels affected our consistency.

"We demand a lot as a board as the club’s traditions demands we do. I will be sitting down with Andy and Jon and agreeing objectives next week, as we look to progress again and keep up with the fast moving changes in the game.

It is a tough League to compete in every week with conference size clubs looking to get their status back and plenty of others seeking the holy grail of conference football with resources to match. We will also be working to pull all the strands of the club closer together as we enter our centenary year. After a difficult few weeks I am really looking forward to the summer".

Source: www.cheshamunited.co.uk

Source

Archived