Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Drum

Bate'o

...I think that N. (part time Drummer Boy/full time undertaker) has had a Charlton season ticket for a while.I do remember towards the end of last season a collection being taken round for "a new drum" when the other one had fallen down the terracing and broke.

Whne I next run in to him I will ask him the position but I am sure whe will be at The Valley this week.

Having said that I have seen the drum with someone else from time to time so perhaps it does get shared a bit.

As Toyah would say ...its a mystery!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
I think my criticisms at the time were just - we were in deep trouble.

However, full credit to Andy for turning things round - the team is stronger compared to last season & whilst I'll admit I was wrong in my fears, I am also glad to be wrong!

Well said FF. About sums it up for me too!

C'mon u reds!!!!!!!!

Quote:
maladroit said:
Well...may I suggest your PA person plays "Distant Drums" by Jim Reeves at half time?

Who remembers that chant from the sevevnties/eighties..

"I hear the sound
of distant bums,
over there, over there.

And do they smell
like f*****g hell!!
over there, over there!"

Oh those heady days of non-seated stadiums come flooding back........

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Thanks for your offer but I really don't think that you playing the spoons will create much of an atmosphere. grin.gif

Aaaagh! But imagine 1200 fans playing the spoons. Now that would be impressive...if not intimidating for the opposition. wink.gif

Quote:
David Holden said:
That was bottles wasn't it?

Of course it was, I was only making a tenuous link to a similar chinking noise really.
A truly frightening New York gang that would've been: "Come out to play-yay...'Roll out the barrel' with us. We'll play spoons, you can get on that skiffle board!"