Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another mystery for Jonanthan Creek..........

David Holden

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Question to Fleet Fanatic do you actually want ball players in your side, players who create, go past players, and can be match winners.

Yes. Moussa & Manny are exactly that - more so than Drury.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Just wonder how fanatical you are i.e how many games have you seen this season? I've been to every one. As for the burgers I'm quite capable of going a couple of hours without filling my face, I dare say you spend a lot of time in bar though

My opinion on Drury is based on last season and this season. I haven't said he is a bad player, merely where I think his game could and should improve. His distribution needs improvement in my opinion - he has had a full season with us now so this is where I would expect to see improvement this season - perhaps you'd prefer our players to stagnate at the same level season after season and never improve their game?

I go home and away like a lot of people. I miss the odd game due to work commitments - last year I believe I missed 4 away games & 2 home games. As for the bar - I wish - unfortunately, as you may be aware, the railway industry take a very dim view of excessive drinking, so you really don't know me at all.

The fact that you only ask about 'games seen this season ' speaks volumes.

Come back when you've gone to places like Histon, etc only to get there and find the game called off. Don't start giving it the large just because you've seen 6 games this season.

P.S. You still haven't made a constructive reply about your difference of opinion on Drury.

MOM yesterday Shearer. Under a lot of pressure to perform. Playing alongside Moore who in my opinion has had someof his not so great performances recently.

Player Of The Month. Jay Saunders. Fitting into his role nicely and can drop back to cntre mid field like he did ad Forest Green. gets into some excellant scoring opportunitys.

Hereford next week and I will be happy with a point before going up to Barnet on the 18th.

The argument over player of the month has raged on long enough, although with good reason, simply because so many players have played incredibly well so far this season, a fact clearly displayed by our unbelievable league position.

Yes, Drury has played well, especially from what i heard about his performance at Forest Green (a game I was sadly unable to attend)but so have others, such as Porter, Saunders, Manny and Skinns to name but a few.

Moussa has also come on nicely this season and appears to have shaken off his phobia of finishing chances, if yesterday's performance is anything to go by. His work has been overshadowed by three of the most petty bookings a player is likely to get: dissent; diving; and over-celebrating.

This time round, Ford has the luxury of picking a team from a squad filled with talent, both defensive and attacking, which has been shown by his substitutions turning a steely midfield including Surey into a more attacking one with Moussa on the right flank.

However, I'm still not convinced of Steve McKimm's performances so far this season and towards the end of last term. Although it is blatently obvious for all to see that he puts in the effort needed at this level, he seems to lack the skill to compete and he often seems to be included in the team merely for his leadership skills. In fact, if he weren't captain he might have seen his place snaffled by the more able midfield of Owen and Perkins last year, or Saunders and Surey this time round...the debate rages on...