Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon Calling?

The way I see it is if canvey can get their manky ground up to conference code then so can we. However if it isn't possible and we're gonna get a phat new ground by goin' to basildon then who can be against that! don't get me wrong i don't want 'ricay movin' to basildon but we can't stand in the way of progress.

The problem with the conference gradings is that they are continually getting harder to achieve - that is why Canvey were granted the grading last season, then this season were turned down and had to do further work to get back up to the standard.<p>I don't think anybody wants to move to Basildon but it does look as though we've got no choice.

I've been mulling this over all morning, and I'm still not sure what to think. <p>Unfortunately it now appears that we are unable to bring New Lodge up to Conference standard.<p>Given the premium there is on land in Billericay there is no option to move within the town.<p>The choice therefore is do we stay at New Lodge, accepting that we can go no further, or do we move out of Billericay into a new, purpose built, stadium that has the potential to grow as and when we move up the pyrmaid. <p>I hate the idea of leaving Billericay but I don't want to see us stagnate and give up hope of advancing. I dunno but 1 thing is for sure, things will never be the same again....