Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Friday - Trains, travel etc..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Im Hoping to come to the match Friday, but it looks like im going to have to do by train. A couple of questions,

Am I right that the nearest station to the ground in Benfleet Station, a couple miles from the ground?

And, How regualary and how quickly does the bus service run from the station to the ground? Only, if I want to do the trip in one night, Im pretty buggered if I don't catch the 22:27 from Benfleet. Might be a bit risky?

Thanks in advance
Pete

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Buses are pretty rubbish. It should only take about 15 to 20 minutes from the Lane to the station once you get a bus but after 9pm the buses are not that great.

May be better to get a taxi from the ground.

Benfleet is the nearest station to the ground and is just over 2 miles away.

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Taxi's about five quid from the rank on the southend bound side of the station. Or any bus except no.26 serve the ground one stop past the admiral jellicoe pub. One exception is the no. 21 which terminates about three minutes walk from the sea front end of the ground. Jellicoe is prob best bet for a beer, as game is segregated, so no bar access for you boys soz!

offline Just Champion

Just Champion
  • Reserves
i think the away fans can now use the mississippi, down the point.
go past the lane, over the roundabout and then turn left at the prout sign, there is parking for upto six coachs, you might want to check this though, as it was something that was told to me

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
yeah .. you want to avoid turning into 'park lane' (the road) unless you get there early.. do a right at the jellicoe mini roundabout and a left somewhere off that road to park and walk through.

offline wayno

wayno
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Indeed away fans are welcome to use the Halcon Yacht Club tonight. Telephone number 01268 680835.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus