Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just Β£10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-August 18 )

• Photo
    Stu B

• Photo
    jucca

• Photo
    Tomsk

• Photo
    JordanMANOR

Photo

Beck-Sven? I fear for the worst

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
So how good are we in beating third world football side Wales

Beckham holding in front of the defence? The Brazil, German and Argy players will be holding silent prayer meetings that it is to be permanent
Wright-Phillips must have a long term selection in the wide right position, Joe Cole will be tumbled by the better sides and continually forced inside and unloaded

Wayne Rooney is possibly in the top three players in world football playing in the hole behind a main striker, so we play him (in one competitive game) on the shoulder of the last defender, outside left and then outside right

Ashley Cole has periods of defensive frailty and needs a strong wide player to share the defending and cover his runs forward, possibly Barry of Villa (Joe Cole to the subs bench)

Lampard and Gerard are potential world-class players BUT will not develop (in the short time left) until Beckham is moved out of their mid-field area (drop Beckham or one of Lampard or Gerard)
Against Wales Beckham continually passed over and around both mid-fielders leaving them out of the move

A recent sense of foreboding for me but with Beckham and Sven joined at the hip I fear for the worst come the big players in the world cup finals

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
I can only hope that Sven thought Wales would be so easy to beat that he could try a few off-the-wall tactics to see how they work out.

offline joshtheeagle

joshtheeagle
  • Reserves Coach
Also, Gerrard and Lampard don't convince me as a midfield pairing, neither is disciplined enough to hold, and are pretty similar in style. I would give Gerrard the nod and put a proper defensive midfielder beside him, main candidates Carrick and what would be my choice, Parker. We should play 4-4-1-1 and I wouldn't mind Joe Cole on the left in that formation and play Rooney just off of Owen.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Wayne Rooney, pabird ? Don't make me laugh !

He's yet to learn how to keep his dummy in his mouth !

offline Moo

Moo
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Nothing wrong with Rooney at all. He's too busy scoring to have time to worry about a dummy.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Quote:
Moo said:
Nothing wrong with Rooney at all. He's too busy scoring to have time to worry about a dummy.

Yes !! But who with ???????????????????

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Lets consider a physically tough lowley educated highly skilled young man who played in his natural position just behind the main striker is up there with any young Brazil player
So play him as the main striker then move him to outside right then move him to outside left then move him back to wide right and all in one single game
He was entitled to tell Beckham to join the FO, it was to accomodate Beckhan that all the changes were made and even the ill educated boy could understand that and feel the pressures that himself, Lampard and Gerard were put under to accomodate teachers pet
Strange to tell but in a most tension ridden local derby against Man City he held his nerve and never "lost it"

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Top 10:
1 Brazil
2 Netherlands
3 Argentina
4 Czech Republic
5 Mexico
6 France
7 USA
8 Spain
9 Portugal
10 Sweden

That is the newly published FIFA listing of the worlds top ten footballing nations
Well done Sven and lads we are now 11th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus