Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

New Signing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline CIFC - Y.A

CIFC - Y.A
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
The Club have signed Joe Dolan from Leyton Orient on a two and a half year contract. He is a 25 year-old defender who previously played for Millwall.

Thoughts? Previous clubs sound promising, can't say I've heard of him though personally.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Very big lad. Is 6ft 3 apparently. Was training down the club on Thursday.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
He was on loan at Crawley last season, recently been playing at Fisher

http://www.soccerbas...20&seasonid=135

Will we be letting anyone go? We seem to be overloaded with centre-backs at the moment

offline seano ctfc

seano ctfc
  • At the Turnstiles
I've just registered simply to tell you guys how lucky you are.

Joe is a brilliant player and even though he only spent 3 months with us last year he would of won my vote for pos any day.

Just so long as you put someone along side him with a bit of pace to mop up on the rare ocasion that he does get beaten, then you've got yourselfes a great buy.

... lucky b*******

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Great - sounds like a good capture.

Personally I would like to have seen a more central midfiled player brought in to give us a bit more competition. Someone more solid - Stimmo type of player.

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
Hope he's a right back. we seem to have loads of centre halves (all the back 4 v Accy) and a couple of left backs.

offline seano ctfc

seano ctfc
  • At the Turnstiles
lol Dolan is no right back... unless you want a right back with a big clumsy kick and no pace.

Joes talents lie with reading the game/ball. You'll see him stood a good metre behind a striker and think 'why isn't he going for it?' but he'll win it (don't think I ever saw him beaten in the air) simply because he reads the flight of the ball perfectly.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
A good aquisition I feel.

I've just read up on his stats, 6'2, 25 years old and plenty of experience at Orient, Stockport, Crawley and Brighton. Does anyone know if he has signed as part or full-time?

It does indeed seem the end for Bunce, I expect him to probably be shipped out on loan again somewhere soon.
Not wishing to get shouted down yet again, but I may also speculate that perhaps due to the length of his contract he may be here as cover for Wardy as well should he wish to concentrate on his teaching once his contract is up this season and maybe even McGhee too if the Club do not wish to renew his deal, (can't see that not happening at the moment though).

Can you possibly imagine if things hadn't of turned out as they had a defence consisting of any line-up from: Sterling, Cowan, McGhee, Dolan and Ward? That's a mouth watering prospect isn't it?

I do agree that there should be competition for Chenery at right-back though. If Conroy is going down the same path as Bunce then it's quite likely au revoir to him too.

But having said all that it is good to see we're getting active in this transfer window

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I think we need all the defenders we need at the moment. We're leaking far too many goals and too many late on. Somebody who isn't going to let himself be pushed around is the sort of player we need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus