Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Yipeeee!!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Guest_MOB Jnr_*

Guest_MOB Jnr_*
  • rank
A £1m project to regenerate Canvey Island seafront in Essex has been unveiled.
The plans include a seafront promenade, improved and refurbished car parks, a restored paddling pool, new toilets and new railings and bollards.

Work is expected to start this year and is scheduled for completion in 2008.

Plans are backed by the Castle Point Regeneration Partnership (CPRP) and Castle Point District Council, who are seeking the views of local people.

CPRP chairman Pam Challis said "The seafront is a priority area, so we must make sure we get this right."

The project would also refurbish the bandstand area of Canvey

Improvements will be made using one million pounds granted to the Partnership by the government.

Ms Challis added: "This is a place for everybody to enjoy and it is important for us to hear what the public think about this scheme."

The Castle Point Regeneration Partnership brings together all local organisations, working to improve Castle Point through long term regeneration.

It includes Castle Point Borough Council, Essex County Council, East of England Development Agency (EEDA), Thames Gateway South Essex Partnership, the Greengrid partnership and the RSPB.

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
I just hope that it engenders some local pride and civic responsibility rather than attracting the mindless element who just see it as a laugh to scrawl graffiti and vandalise.

Young MOB is to be commended for his attitude and seeing the good it can do for the community.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I thought he was being ironic whistle

offline Lefty

Lefty
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I saw the plans at the castle point show they look very nice got a chance to vote on what we wanted what types of bins or lighting or paving. I doubt that will make any difference they have probably already decided. Anyway i am sure it will be all over the echo in the next day or two.

offline yellow angel

yellow angel
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Really good news, we love coming over to the Island, probably amble over 2 or 3 times a week - usually to bring the dogs for a walk & have a beer grin . Canvey Seafront desperately needs some regeneration, has the potential to be a nice area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus