Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      24 Jun
    hollower

RT @RussWWFC: Remember seeing Jordan Pickford play for Darlington against Hayes & Yeading in 2012 when Hayes won 3-2 in a great game. Come…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-June 18 )

• Photo
    Webbo MFI

• Photo
    Tom

• Photo
    Daggerlen

• Photo
    ChrisJones

• Photo
    nut250

• Photo
    BAFCAdam1901

• Photo
    clive

Essex & Herts Border Combination

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
11 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I see from the News section that the Reserves
are joining the Essex & Herts Border Combination next season. Presumably
this means at long last we are going to have a proper structure within the Club, where the best players from St.Albans City Youth can progress through the Reserves and eventually the first team.<p>This is long overdue! For far too long now the best local youth players have had no opportunity to progress to a decent level of football.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
This is a good move if your club wishes to progress but don't expect miracles too soon. The standard of the lower division of this league is not great and I cannot see many players (perhaps this should say any players) coming from this to Ryman Prem. You will spend much of your time in deepest Essex.<p>You will need to progress to the senior division quickly to make this worthwhile. <p>Good Luck

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Is there more than one divison then?

offline Rob_the_Saint

Rob_the_Saint
  • National Squad - 1st XI
From my extensive, erm, research...<p>Premier Division<p>East Thurrock
Braintree Town
Heybridge Swifts
Hornchurch
Cheshunt
Canvey Island
Great Wakering Rovers
Ware
Witham Town
Burnham Ramblers
Potters Bar
Ilford
St Margaretsbury
Brentwood <p>1st Division<p>Waltham
Barking & East Ham
Hullbridge
Somersett Ambury
Southend Manor
Sawbridgeworth
Hoddesdon
Hertford
Basildon
Bowers United
Concord
Saffron Walden Town <p>I thank yew!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Superb stuff Rob!<p>Anyone for Hullbridge away on a wet November night?

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
I think its a good move!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I hear you're an expert on park pitches in Essex!

offline AFF

AFF
  • National Squad - 1st XI
A couple of small points:<p>[a] I heard a whisper that the Reserves are hoping to be accepted into the Premier Division of the E&H.<p>[b] Saints64mad.<p>One possibility is that she is genuine. Lives in Lincolnshire. 13 years old. Probably would make, what, 5 home games each season? £5 admission. Kid for a quid? Total income to The Club? £20 or so.<p>The second possibility is that she is Buzz Lightyear playing stupid games again. He must have spent several hours each day screwing up our Club and making himself the laughing stock of The Ryman when he was Chairman. I wonder how he fills each day now when he's not posting inane, anonymous messages on here.<p>So. Do I run the risk of upsetting a true Saint and costing The Club a much needed £20, or ....<p>I'll think about it.

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
by the way im a boy not a girl! so please dont say "she"

offline SAINTS64MAD

SAINTS64MAD
  • Reserves Coach
Are you saying that im doing something to the club? and who is buzz lightyear? (i know he's out of toy story)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Nice to see another addition.<p>Just thought I'll let you know that St Margaretsbury pulled out of the premier division way back at Christmas and Saffron Walden have only just recently pulled out of the 1st division.<p>I wouldn't say it's the best league in the world (fixtures are often released a week before every month) but it has improved from a couple of seasons ago when it was often when one of the officials didn't turn up. This season so far has been brilliant on this side.<p>As a fellow herts club, it can be quite off putting that most of the travelling will be to deep essex. It's got some ties with the Essex Senior League and most of the stuff is Essex oriented.<p>So Ware may see next season then, least its not far to travel!

offline EFM The Firm, The Voice

EFM The Firm, The Voice
  • First XI Coach
I Don't beleive Hullbridge even exists!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus