Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury vale

From the Aylesbury Vale Forum

I wonder?

How many games at our level or indeed any level have been called off for the threat of petrol fumes?

For those who were not present, Yesterday the game was abandoned after 39 minutes on the advice of the emergency services who said it would be unsafe for us to turn on the floodlights, as the risk of explosion was quite high. Somebody within the local vicinity had apparently poured petrol down the drains and the fumes were eminating from a man hole within our ground and after testing the fire brigade said it would be dangerous to start up the floodlight pylons. Frozen/waterlogged pitches I can understand, fog I have seen put pay to a good match in the past, but PETROL! I suppose there must be a first time for everything but please! Oh well someone has to be first and this time it's Aylesbury Vale.

Macca