Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Epsom & Ewell 0 - Dorking 1: 22/12/07.

Big J R

Result received at 16:55.

Epsom & Ewell 0 - Dorking FC 1

Scorer Miguel Beesley in 2nd half with 25 minutes to play.

Full Report to follow.

'Dorking News' match report from the DFC site.

"Dorking built on last weeks goalless draw with Sandhurst with a good win at in form Epsom and Ewell on Saturday. Epsom have been in good form of late, and the win confirms the feeling within the Dorking camp that manager Tony Webb is starting to put together a squad that can build on recent improved results in the coming months. Certainly an encouraging feature was the second successive clean sheet, as centre back pairing Mark Styles and Roy Newman formed a solid barrier in front of Chris Roberts, who performed with customary reliability in the Dorking goal.

Dorking were missing Steve Augustine through illness and Adam Pero through family reasons, but welcomed back influential captain Herve King who missed last week's game through suspension. Making their debut for Chicks was French player Abib Meite who has recently played in the French national division 4, Meite coming on in the final stages for Nigel Webb who had run his socks off for the team in attack.

Epsom went into the game fresh from a 2-0 midweek win over their landlords Banstead Athletic, and certainly dominated the opening 20 minutes, but for all their possession, Roberts was only forced into one real save, and gradually Dorking saw more of the ball, ex Croydon Athletic midfielder Danny Stassinos going incnes close from giving Dorking the lead on the half hour mark as his shot from outside the box crept just wide of the post with the keeper beaten.

The second half began in even fashion, but Dorking began to control the game as the half wore on, King in commanding form in the centre of the pitch, while Tom Ahmed and Terry Fennessey were faxt thorns in the home team's side. Several chances had come and gone for Chicks before Dorking finally took the lead with 25 minutes to go, the ball falling kindly to Miguel Beesley just by the penalty spot and his firm shot gave the home keeper little chance.

As expected, the goal spurred Epsom into greater effort, and the game turned into an end to end affair, Epsom having chances to equalise, but Dorking having chances to kill the game as Fennessey, Meite and Beesley all went close.

It did take a great couple of saves from Roberts in the final 5 minutes and an even more impressive goal line clearance from Mark Styles to confirm the win though as Dorking held on to secure all three points.

Dorking now play Bookham at Meadowbank on Boxing Day (11-30 ko) and Chertsey Town at home on Saturday 29 December, kick off 3pm

Team -

1 Chris Roberts

2 Tom Brereton

3 Alex Hill

4 Mark Styles

5 Roy Newman

6 Herve King

7 Miguel Beesley

8 Dan Stassinos

9 Nigel Webb

10 Terry Fennessy

11 Tom Ahmed

12 Alex Wheeler

14 Abib Meite.

ENDS.

I hope the ever topical 'international clearance' had been obtained for the new lad!

Epsom dominated the 1st half but never really created anything. Much better Dorking 2nd half and nice finish for the goal. Chicks keeper made a couple of good saves late on but a good win for Dorking in the end.

I expect i'll be at the game Boxing Day

Originally Posted By: El_Gaffer
I hope the ever topical 'international clearance' had been obtained for the new lad!

Epsom dominated the 1st half but never really created anything. Much better Dorking 2nd half and nice finish for the goal. Chicks keeper made a couple of good saves late on but a good win for Dorking in the end.

I expect i'll be at the game Boxing Day

I look forward to it. We trust the bar WILL be open !

Lets hope Meadowbank thaws out. More freezing fog south of the North Downs as I type, this cold Sunday afternoon.

In response to El Guffer's somewhat cryptic question, I CAN confirm that Abib Meite, our new player has been cleared to play by the FA with International clearance.

Thats a large gin you owe me Boxing Day, Guffs !