Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'Oh dear!

andyetfc

Quote 'Arrangements have also been made for the FA's disciplinary manager, who is also a qualified referee, to visit the players and explain what is expected of them.'

Isn't it a shame that we need someone from the FA to come to 'our' club to tell players what to do and what not to do on the pitch!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Quote 'Arrangements have also been made for the FA's disciplinary manager, who is also a qualified referee, to visit the players and explain what is expected of them.'

Isn't it a shame that we need someone from the FA to come to 'our' club to tell players what to do and what not to do on the pitch!

Before the size of fine is decided the Board is supposed to have shown it has done all in its power to prevent the level of yellow and red cards. the players suffer but maybe the board will get some reduction in the isze of the fine. Thank you Board for trying to reduce the size of fine with positive support for the FA's disciplinary code.

Originally Posted By: Steph
The important clause is "done all in its power".

1. The board, I understand, pays the miscreants fines.

2. The worst culprits are still at the club.

Has the board really "done all in its power"

If number 1 is the case, then it's the supporters and fundraisers who pay the fines is it not?

What about the prisoners dilemma

"How can government create policies that interact with – rather than police - human behaviour? DAVID WILLETTS, Shadow Secretary for Innovation, Universities and Skills, argues that politicians could learn something from the recent surge in the study of human behaviour by game theorists, evolutionary biologists and neurologists. David Willetts will be delivering the Michael Oakeshott memorial lecture on The Ideas that are Changing Politics on Wednesday 20 February at the London School of Economics."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/starttheweek

What about the prisoners dilemma

"How can government create policies that interact with – rather than police - human behaviour? DAVID WILLETTS, Shadow Secretary for Innovation, Universities and Skills, argues that politicians could learn something from the recent surge in the study of human behaviour by game theorists, evolutionary biologists and neurologists. David Willetts will be delivering the Michael Oakeshott memorial lecture on The Ideas that are Changing Politics on Wednesday 20 February at the London School of Economics."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/starttheweek

I hope you are not going to quote that to a player after he gets booked!

Yes!

Maybe the owners of the club can request a breakdown of all income and expenditure which includes season ticket sales, match day ticket sales, etc, together with what is then paid out in salaries/expenses/fines, so that accurate comparisons can be made year on year.

Yes!

Maybe the owners of the club can request a breakdown of all income and expenditure which includes season ticket sales, match day ticket sales, etc, together with what is then paid out in salaries/expenses/fines, so that accurate comparisons can be made year on year.

Why not indeed. Better still, just post all that information on the internet so that every club in the league can see our budget and wage bill. A far simpler answer to this dilemma. If you want to know, put yourself forward to stand for election to the board. If elected, all that information is at your disposal, I'm sure.

As an aside, attended my first match for months today, expecting to see hoards of people bearing down on me with petitions calling for egms. Didn't see any. Surely that doesn't mean that apart from the few people who post on here on the contrary, the silent majority are satisfied with the way the club is run, does it? Also didn't see any circles of the inner or outer variety anywhere either. Very disappointing.

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
......Surely that doesn't mean that apart from the few people who post on here on the contrary, the silent majority are satisfied with the way the club is run.....

Not aware of any Town fans complaining about the way the club is run (except for the bitter couple) its on the footballing/coaching side I think you will find that most fans are unsatisfied & have their opinions, although as there are only about twenty of us that post on here you can make your own decision.

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
Yes!

Why not indeed. Better still, just post all that information on the internet so that every club in the league can see our budget and wage bill. A far simpler answer to this dilemma. If you want to know, put yourself forward to stand for election to the board. If elected, all that information is at your disposal, I'm sure.

As an aside, attended my first match for months today, expecting to see hoards of people bearing down on me with petitions calling for egms. Didn't see any. Surely that doesn't mean that apart from the few people who post on here on the contrary, the silent majority are satisfied with the way the club is run, does it? Also didn't see any circles of the inner or outer variety anywhere either. Very disappointing.

If you look hard enough, then you will find that some clubs actually do post minutes of meeting and audited account details on the WWW. You don't have to be a board member to have access to the 'owners' accounts, just a share holder.

The important clause is "done all in its power".

1. The board, I understand, pays the miscreants fines.

2. The worst culprits are still at the club.

Has the board really "done all in its power"

If number 1 is the case, then it's the supporters and fundraisers who pay the fines is it not?

I thought that the players paid for their fines out of their Expences

confused2