Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Division Title Race

Updated stats - for the 96% of people who ARE interested!

premier_finish2.gif

Rhodes - "Brimsdown Rovers - The most popular of the four but that's not saying a lot and people outside the Club still associate them with the unpopular Gordon Boateng regime".

"I know Brimsdown Rovers post very occasionally and only when something controversial effects them, such as Gordon Boateng defecting to Harlow Town, but what do they really offer at the end of the day considering their high profile in the SSML".......

Above are just two of your posts, that are certainly why I never normally post on here. I don't know where you get "the unpopular Gordon Boateng regime" from. He was very popular with players, fans and committee. Why do Brimsdown Rovers (or any other) fans have to "offer" anything. As a member of this forum I thought I was entitled to look at posts, and not have to justify my being here, by getting involved with the rantings of certain individuals. I am sure that if somebody asked a question, about the club, they would get an answer, but only if the answer was known, not just 'an opinion'. Do you think that people are interested in much of what you have to say. I think not, but most of us just view and say nothing. I have been a member of the forums for a few years now, and have been slated in the past, because I am not a "true supporter" of a club. I supported Enfield when my son played for them, and even now I am still interested in how they do.I still check out their Forum to see how they are getting on. Should I have to 'contribute' to their forum? I support Brimsdown because it was my sons first club,when he was aged 8, so that will never change, and when he re-joined them 2 seasons ago, after 11 years, it was like going home. I have watched with interest some of the comments from now, and in the past, about Brimsdown and most have been way off of the truth. When they were promoted, last season, if anybody had said that they would end up mid table this year, I think we would have been happy with that, so what they have actually achieved is amazing. I am still interested in the 1st Division run-in, so to answer your question, YES, people are interested in club positions, other than their own.

I now hope to go back to my watching and saying nothing status.

Hollie - You shouldn't have needed prompting to come on here following my comments about Brimsdown Rovers, why not come on occasionally, say two or three times a week if you're busy with other things, and just get involved rather than hide mouse like behind your keyboard, that's all I'm saying. Anyway it's nice to hear from you, I recall you posted once or twice last season when Brimsdown were promoted and as you say their achievement this season is amazing although they appear to have shot their bolt now.

As for Gordon Boateng I did say that his regime was unpopular away from Goldsdown Road, ie outside of the Club, and he has since been found out at both Harlow Town and Cheshunt, I think his level will always be Step 5 or Step 6 but no higher than that.

Rhodes, IF I was wrong in what you said about Gordon Boateng, WHEN HE WAS AT Brimsdown, then I apologise. You say that Brimsdown "appear to have shot their bolt". Well my personal opinion of what has happened to them brings us back to Gordon Boateng. I thought he was very good at Brimsdown, as the previous 2 seasons trophies show, but this season I am afraid my opinion of him has certainly gone right down. He decided to leave early this season, when I am sure he could have left at the end of last season if that was his intention. This unsettled the team, but they carried on very well under Mervyns management. Then Gordon started to come back and train with them, and even managed them for one game when Mervyn was injured. Everybody was glad to see him, and he was made welcome. Then he becomes manager of Cheshunt and takes at least three Brimsdown first team players over there with him. Call me cynical but I think that was the only reason he came back to Brimsdown. Yes, Brimsdown may have 'shot their bolt', through no fault of their own, but if they end up mid table it will still be good for their first season in the premier division, even more so considering the upheavel they have had during this season. Again, this is MY opinion, and nobody elses.

Hollie - That's a great post which is why you should come on more often and I'm surprised that nobody else has posted in reply in the four hours since, I don't know why it's always left up to me to keep things going as well as Ian in the manor he has been acustomed.

I'll be interested to get Wader's view on your post as he thinks the sun shines out of Gordon Boateng and won't hear a bad word said against him, he let Brimsdown Rovers down badly by leaving them in the lurch at the start of this season and you've hit the nail on the head by pointing out that he only came back to Goldsdown Road after he couldn't hack it at Harlow to keep his foot in the door and now he has done the dirty again by taking three players to Theobalds Lane.

I have no problem with a 'bad word said against anyone' - as long as it is justifiable and based on fact. Your postings about GB in the past have contained certain content that is neither.

It is always interesting however to read posts on here from actual Brimsdown FC people.

Beaconsfield are on top after beating London Colney 4-0 tonight.

P W D L F A Pts

1 Beaconsfield SYCOB 31 22 4 5 74 29 70

2 Chalfont St Peter 30 20 7 3 81 29 67

3 Biggleswade Town 32 21 3 8 71 43 66

4 Brimsdown Rovers 32 18 5 9 75 40 59

5 Hertford Town 31 18 5 8 69 34 59

6 Tring Athletic 32 18 4 10 62 51 58

7 Harefield United 30 18 3 9 63 38 57

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
he only came back to Goldsdown Road after he couldn't hack it at Harlow to keep his foot in the door and now he has done the dirty again by taking three players to Theobalds Lane.

I can't WAIT till Gordon reads that!!!

Originally Posted By: Jonno
I can't WAIT till Gordon reads that!!!

Yes but do you disagree, be honest, he has ruined Brimsdown Rovers promotion chances to the Ryman League