Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking 3-1 Cobham

TRS

Chicks warmed up a bleak Meadowbank tonight with a vital win and much deserved too. Played some good stuff at times. Went ahead on 16 minutes through centre half Roy Newman. Two up on 25 minutes, Julian Affiah firing home. 2-0 half time. Three up on 63 minutes and Dorking were looking assured. However, Cobham got one back on 79 following a free kick with the Chicks keeper Roberts flapping (he had an assured game other than that). A few scary moments followed including a disallowed Cobham effort two minutes later but Dorking well worth the win. My MOTM was Lester Boniface.

Maybe the great escape is possible after all.....

DFC's Report.

"Dorking secured a good home win over Cobham on Tuesday night with a solid performance to move themselves back within 6 points of the team immediately above them at the foot of the CCL Premier Division

The win ends a run of 4 single goal defeats and gives Chicks fresh heart as they enter a run of 6 home games in the next 8 league fixtures.

Returning to the side was last season"s captain Paul McCormick.

Unlike in recent games, Dorking were able to turn possession into goals in the first hour when Chicks scored 3 goals without reply through Roy Newman (27 mins), newboy Julian Affiah (35 mins) and striker Tony Jones on the hour mark, and although Cobham reduced the arrears on 75 mins through Dave Andrews, Chicks had done enough to win the game."

Team list below

Chris Roberts

Gerry Howells

Lee Rodgers

Oliver Barrett

Roy Newman Capt

Dan Clayton

Lester Boniface

Paul McCormick

Tony Jones

Joshua Smith

Julian Affiah

Tyrone Walker

Tom Ahmed

Miguel Beesley

Alex Wheeler

Alex Hill

As an afterthought, I'd just like to say that in this day and age of slating referee's, I thought our ref last night rated 9 out of 10. Maybe a couple of iffy descisions, but in the main, let the game flow.

The bad news is that beer prices were increased in the bar last night.

Yah Boo !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
As an afterthought, I'd just like to say that in this day and age of slating referee's, I thought our ref last night rated 9 out of 10. Maybe a couple of iffy descisions, but in the main, let the game flow.

The bad news is that beer prices were increased in the bar last night.

Yah Boo !

With it being so cold last night, I was tempted to try the 'Brovil' that was advertised on the chalk board grin

Ref wasn't bad but he missed the assault by their no.8 captain on Julian I think, where the 8 used his considerable gut to full effect to take him out!