Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 8th March

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS & FIXTURES

MARCH 2008

SATURDAY 8th

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade Town 1-1 Chalfont St Peter

Brimsdown Rovers 3-1 Biggleswade United

Broxbourne Boro V&E 2-3 Aylesbury Vale

Colney Heath 0-0 Cockfosters

Hertford Town 0-2 Harefield United

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 2-1 Tring Athletic

Langford 2-1 Welwyn Garden City

Leverstock Green 1-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB

London Colney 1-4 Holmer Green

Oxhey Jets 3-0 Hanwell Town

St Margaretsbury 1-0 Ruislip Manor

DIVISION ONE

Brache Sparta 1-0 Buckingham Athletic

Cheshunt Reserves 2-0 Stony Stratford Town

Haringey Borough 2-0 Bedford Town Reserves

Harpenden Town 1-2 Amersham Town

Hoddesdon Town 2-2 Royston Town

New Bradwell St Peter 0-1 Arlesey Athletic

Sport London e Benfica 3-0 Cranfield United

Sun Postal Sports 0-2 Ampthill Town

Winslow United 4-2 Bedford

DIVISION TWO CUP SEMI FINAL

Kent Athletic 1-2 aet Kings Langley

DIVISION TWO

Caddington 8-0 Padbury United

Crawley Green 13-1 Markyate

Old Bradwell United 4-2 AFC Dunstable

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 2-0 Mursley United

Risborough Rangers 1-1 The 61 FC (Luton)

Tring Corinthians 0-1 Aston Clinton

I was at Hertford Town today, to see them lose to Harefield United...

I tried to look for positives, but found very few..

The clubhouse is in fine nick

The supporters were in fine voice and it was a decent crowd (nearly 100)

BUT !

Worst Tannoy I have ever heard

Very poor selection of pre-match music...some of the records I recall from when I used to go to see HTFC regularly in the 80's !

Pitch was very lumpy

It was cold

No replacement for the Garden Shed yet...where me and my homies used to terrorise the opposition from (big up the GSF crew brrrrrap)

Hertford were simply out muscled today, Cooper is a great striker, but should have been stronger when holding up the ball.

Harefield's Centre Half had a fantastic game...he was their skipper and even scored a goal...I think they go above HTFC in the table now.

Ref had a decent game, very good on communicating and trying to let the game flow.

Harefield's first goal was tragic, an easy free kick into the corner, keeper Virgo has to hold his hand up, wall was either not ready, or wrongly positioned..

Oh well, maybe next season Blues !

You really are trying to upset me this weekend Greg! Not only do I run the website but I play the pre-match music! mad

I have not heard any sort of tannoy at any other SSMFL ground this season, by the way.

Originally Posted By: Horace
You really are trying to upset me this weekend Greg! Not only do I run the website but I play the pre-match music! mad

I have not heard any sort of tannoy at any other SSMFL ground this season, by the way.

Please tell me you play Elvis, Horace bisou

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Cheshunt Reserves 2-0 Stony Stratford Town
Hoddesdon Town 2-2 Royston Town
New Bradwell St Peter 0-1 Arlesey Athletic

And so the door was once again wide open........

Today I mainly watch a game of 2 halves at Lowfield. The first and the second!

Arrived late, £4 to get in - no programmes left and missed the first 2 goals. The day was made better with the amount of parking tickets that were placed on the cars outside the game...I'm so hopeful that 1 belongs to The Watchful Listener.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
no programmes left

I simply couldn't believe this when you told me earlier, surely Hoddesdon knew there would be a decent crowd this afternoon and should have printed double they normally do as I'm in the process of doing for Wednesday.
I take it you didn't receive a parking ticket, were you not parked on the main road immediately outside the ground.

Evening all..Another down turn on the rollercoaster of football management!!!!! The better side lost!!! I of course am not biased!! but seriously we were frown

Congratulations to Arseley great results in recent weeks and to Kentish who could gain promotion without playing!!

Rhodes predicted the bubble bursting at Bradwell so well done to him, and well done to Beaconsfield (that's gotta be all over)!

Well done to Barnsley and to Portsmouth (just to make my day even worse).

Oh how i wish it was well done us..... keep smiling grin

Doh! A one hundreth minute equaliser for Chalfont (that's the refs time, I made it 102 mins) and then he immediately blows for full time. I am totally gutted for the lads, they worked their socks off today in a really good performance and deserved the win. I could have crept into a corner and wept for them. Still might.

McMullen - What were Winslow United like as that's nine goals they have scored in two games. I'm surprised I was the only one who could see New Bradwell St Peter's bubble bursting, I never believed their squad was big or strong enough to last the pace although I'm not gloating as I'm the Club's biggest fan as they do everything right and above board

Originally Posted By: Wader
A one hundreth minute equaliser for Chalfont (that's the refs time

I believe Michael Mackey is well know for adding a lot of stoppage time. Did you get to speak to Mr Panayotiou and how did he perform

Benfica i said was our best performance of the season this ranked at the other end... we gave them there goals 0-0 @ half time i had a young lad at right back making his debut who made a mistake to gift them the lead 15 secs after half time! They are a huge side good in the air play on the deck and beat them... the 'big 4' will dispose of them no probs if still to play them Rhodsey.

Sorry to hear that Wader lets hope you keep Nunny and the core of the side for another assault next season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
McMullen - What were Winslow United like as that's nine goals they have scored in two games. I'm surprised I was the only one who could see New Bradwell St Peter's bubble bursting, I never believed their squad was big or strong enough to last the pace although I'm not gloating as I'm the Club's biggest fan as they do everything right and above board