Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 8th March

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Originally Posted By: Bitch
Did you put an extra something in the tea Wader? smile

Should I be worried?

Haha, not my style, so no. My only gripe was the timekeeping. I thought I was going to miss last orders in my local pub grin

Originally Posted By: touryboy
willow

what did u think of the game? think we deserved the win...but i would say that:)

i was the good looking 1 at the back number 6

To be honest about the game yesterday I thought it was a typical top of the table clash, both teams didn't settle into their games. I think the draw was a fair result

The only good looking 1 I saw yesterday was when I went for a pee at half time grin

Well bugger me!! Rhodes actually settled a debt!!!!

Ok, so he didnt have the balls to present it in person and the handwriting on the envelope was akin to that of a 5 year old let loose with a crayon but hey, can't have it all ways can ya??

Nice to meet you yesterday Willow. Hopefully I'll get down to your game on Wednesday night.

I actually spent the entire 2nd half watching the game with Hector, swapping notes and talking footy. He was creating a huge dossier (Don Revie style, of course) and was most appreciative when I supplied him with the Royston Town team sheet. Thoroughly nice guy actually and he was telling me that he is soon going off to Italy to take part in a football coaching conference and training session. He's got big ambition has Hector, I'll give him that.

With regards to the game, I think all at Hoddesdon would have taken a draw before kick off. Someone said earlier on this thread that maybe we felt we were worth the 3 points because we were 2-1 up for so long and perhaps thats true. Majorly disappointed to not take the win if I'm honest but 4 points from 6 against Stony and Royston is a bloody good start.

I do have to say though, that if ever I have seen an example of a one man team, then Royston are it. For the first 15 minutes, Royston were all over us like a rash and I could see a drubbing on the cards. Mr Hammond was electric in his play, scored a fantastic goal, causing havoc in our box, hitting the post, narrowly clearing the crossbar and looked well worth whatever Royston are paying him. However, when he went off after 15 minutes (due to an injury or because our centre backs whispered in his ear that they still had 75 minutes to kick him all over the place, I'm not sure which is true) Royston looked like a different team.

Hector commented to me that he could not see where the Royston equaliser was going to come from after they offered very little in an attacking sense for the rest of the game. That's not to say that Hoddesdon did but all the same, I was disappointed with Roystons game from that point on.

On to Haringey on Tuesday night. Anyone popping down??

Originally Posted By: Jonno
and the handwriting on the envelope was akin to that of a 5 year old let loose with a crayon but hey, can't have it all ways can ya??

Jonno - Is that all you can say as opposed to thank you, I only put the fiver in an envelope and quickly scribbled your name on it because I go that extra mile rather than just giving a fiver to Willow the Cat to hand over to you.
I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Hector, can you imagine when he gets his head together with 'the great one' (who you've also had the honour of meeting) to talk tactics, they would easily do a Football League Club justice.

Nice to meet you yesterday Willow. Hopefully I'll get down to your game on Wednesday night.

I do have to say though, that if ever I have seen an example of a one man team, then Royston are it. For the first 15 minutes, Royston were all over us like a rash and I could see a drubbing on the cards. Mr Hammond was electric in his play, scored a fantastic goal, causing havoc in our box, hitting the post, narrowly clearing the crossbar and looked well worth whatever Royston are paying him. However, when he went off after 15 minutes (due to an injury or because our centre backs whispered in his ear that they still had 75 minutes to kick him all over the place, I'm not sure which is true) Royston looked like a different team.

Nice to meet you too Jonno, by the looks of it we missed the best part of the game. doh

Yeah the opening exchanges saw the best football played of the afternoon Willow.

Sorry that we had sold out of Progs by the time you arrived. I can understand your need to read something more substantial than your usual offering (tee hee!)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Jonno - Is that all you can say as opposed to thank you

If you think you are getting a thank you for paying a debt that has spanned nigh on 7 months then you are sorely mistaken. I also imagine this will be the case when you finally cough up the monies owed to other members of this forum.

Sorry that we had sold out of Progs by the time you arrived. I can understand your need to read something more substantial than your usual offering (tee hee!)

Rhodes gave me one when we met up at HH for the FF xmas drinkies. It's very special and i've slept with it ever since. smile

Jonno - I note that the crowd figure was 105 yesterday which probably caught you with your trousers around your ankles however it's still not a valid excuse to sell out of programmes as you should have had the foresight to realise that Royston would bring a large following. We are taking no chances for Wednesday and have doubled our normal print run, my motto is better safe than sorry!

Who's sorry? Certainly no one at HTFC. I'd sooner sell out than have hundreds of copies left over!!

I'd sooner sell out than have hundreds of copies left over!!

Do Jane and Roger feel the same way, it must have caused the Club huge embarrassment to be caught with its trousers down like that infact Roger must have been fuming

Is Roger a Chelsea fan then, that's surprising

Greg Dyke - Did you see the post on another's Forum about the Brentford v Macclesfield game on Saturday, they said it was horrendus stuff, really dire fayre. Would you agree.

as you are aware Rhodesy, I was at the magnificent Hertingfordbury Park, so missed the game at Griffin Park, however I understand it was a dire game, by all accounts....

I will be back at Brentford v Peterborough Tuesday evening to see a return to total football from the Bees

duck

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Hoddesdon Town 2-2 Royston Town

I expect there will be a more comprehensive report in the Royston Crow when the actual paper goes to print on Thursday:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED10%20Mar%202008%2011%3A52%3A04%3A823

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Haringey Borough 2-0 Bedford Town Reserves

I see that 'we're' all over the Tottenham Journal like a rash today, the paper itself has an excellent picture of Andy Stokes leaping salmon like to score 'our' second goal. Strangely enough I met the photographer Tony Gay on his way to the game on Saturday in Wood Green High Road and he said nobody ever presses his flesh anymore when he goes down to Coles Park, he's never offered so much as a cup of tea!

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/story.aspx?brand=HCEJOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sporttwgj&itemid=WeED12%20Mar%202008%2017%3A32%3A09%3A210