Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where is The Watchfull Listener

I watch and listen or listen and watch !!

Bad Patch ?? In other team's eyes that may be the case but one defeat in twenty one games is a fine run and recent draws at Ampthill and Hoddesdon are decent results.

If RTFC do not get promoted it will be down to the damage caused before the management change. The run since is championship form and if had commenced at the beginning of the season would undoubtedly see the club about double points clear of anyone else but hey thats me being hyperthetical.

I would they say I do think there is many more twists and turns to show with many top of the table clashes that will decide the final standings.

My opinion is Hoddesdon to win the league (they have had a good consistent run at the right time) but any one from Royston, Kentish, Haringey to finish second.

Thats only my opinion so son't throw it back at me

I will now go back to watching and listeneing mode

It's funny you disappeared immediately after your 1-0 defeat at the Copthall Stadium, I'm sure it was more than just coincidence. Were you at the game out of interest.

Personally I still think that he's Paul Attfield, he gave a big clue in an e-mail he sent me before the game with the Royston line up for the programme

Willo I will repectfully answer your question and say I WAS NOT at the Kentish Town v Royston Town game. Unfortunately the combination of distance from work and the weather (wimpish) put me off but I have received reports on the game. Congratulations on your win, I understand you defended exceedingly well on the night, especially in the second half, which is no mean feat against a team averaging 4 goals a game since Attfield and Galvin took over. Royston were nowhere near at full strength on the night but that is cheap talk and the most important factor is the result. Well Done!!

Rhodes some user on hear on another forum obliging called you A TIT not so long ago for your annoying, bumbling naivity.

In respect to you I couldn't agree more, you are A TIT !!

Just because I didn't make comment on the Kentish v Royston does not mean I disapperaed. If you actally take notes I have not made comments on 27 of the 30 games this season.

I have not made comments when we have slaughtered teams, I have not made comments when we have drawn games and I did not comment when we lost.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE DISAPPEARED !!

As I was not at the Kentish v Royston game I am obviously not Paul Attfield and if he has been sending you emails Rhodes (which I very much doubt) I would be surprised if it is to deliberate about who I am !! TTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Just to prove you wrong this is part of the e-mail I received from Mr Attfield less full e-mail addresses and the text which contained the Royston line up albeit with Craig Hammond at number nine:

Sent: 07 March 2008 13:12

To: Rhodes, Cliff Mr

Subject: Re: Kentish Town v Royston Town

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Just to prove you wrong this is part of the e-mail I received from Mr Attfield less full e-mail addresses and the text which contained the Royston line up albeit with Craig Hammond at number nine:

Well that just proves it then. I had an interesting e-mail as well today (less full e-mail address and text obviously)

Sent: 25th March 08 13:12
To: Army, Tring
Subject: Fancy a game tomorrow?

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
I WAS NOT at the Kentish Town v Royston Town game. Unfortunately the combination of distance from work and the weather (wimpish) put me off but I have received reports on the game

So you admit you work in Nottingham then, you have given yourself away. Also I'm sure you did receive reports on the game, no doubt all biased from a Royston perspective.

Originally Posted By: tringarmy

Well that just proves it then. I had an interesting e-mail as well today (less full e-mail address and text obviously)

The bast**d

Sent: 26th March 08 08:00
To: Cat, Willo the
Subject: Fancy a game tonight?

Tring let me down, any chance you could do the water bottles.

Originally Posted By: tringarmy

TringArmy - I assume your post is tongue in cheek however I purposely didn't post any of Paul Attfield's text as he may not have appreciated it, I can easily resort to doing so if nobody believes he e-mailed me prior to the Kentish Town v Royston fixture.

No doubt it was "Dear Programme Editor - here is the squad from which our team will be selected........

Not at all, it was a very personal e-mail and I was quite taken aback. When you meet Paul in the flesh he is just the opposite and he wasn't touchy feely at all at the Copthall Stadium and barely said two words all night

Not at all, I believe that he was also reported for a late team sheet which surprised me as I thought Royston would be far more professional than that

I believe that he was also reported for a late team sheet which surprised me

Not condoning that, but once in a while you get into a situation where maybe a few players who travel together are running very late or someone you were really counting on has failed a late fitness test in the warm up and personnel shuffling has to be done. It happens from time to time and running the risk of a late team sheet fine is preferable to potentially dropping vital league points. We have come very close this season to doing that, but thankfully have always made it on time (just!).

Yes but Royston Town had us all fooled into believing that they are beyond reproach until they visited us on 12 March and I saw first hand what they were really like, lovely tracksuits and kit bags courtesy of their former Chairman but that was as far as it went. They knew it was a massive game so there was no excuse even if it was midweek.

Yes but Royston Town had us all fooled into believing that they are beyond reproach

How had they done this?