Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonights Scores...

Half times:-

Ashford 2 Horsham 0

ETU 1 Staines Town 1

Hendon 0 Boreham Wd 1

Ashford seem to be playing the dark horse role at the mo. Good that Hendon and Horsham dropped points. Goal difference could play a major part in this also. Permetations and so many teams involved.

Unless Hornchurch (with their superior goal diff) slip up on big bananas i can only see one spot available for 6 teams !

So all we gotta do is (1) not concede (2) score a hatful of goals smile Easy this aint it ! grin

Originally Posted By: Cherry Blue
and they lost the Essex Senior cup final 1-0....not their night !

AT LAST! The Clarets get a mention on your forum. First one since our defeat by Hornchurch (strange that - wonder what the common factor is!).
Anyway, we're not too disappointed about last night - it's only a tin-pot cup after all. More important to get out of tin-pot leagues IMO.

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret

AT LAST! The Clarets get a mention on your forum. First one since our defeat by Hornchurch (strange that - wonder what the common factor is!).
Anyway, we're not too disappointed about last night - it's only a tin-pot cup after all. More important to get out of tin-pot leagues IMO.

It's far better for us that Chelmo can't take their foot off the gas 'till as late as possible in the run in. You beating Ramsgate on Saturday would be helpful.

I presume you're inferring that the RPL is a "tin pot" league, which suprises me. Popular opinion seems to be that it is a very high quality league, with the top half clubs being very capable of holding their own in Bl.Sq.Sth. That seems to be underlined by the success of recently promoted sides & the difficulty clubs like you & AFCW have encountered in buying promotion over the past two seasons.

Quite correct Rick - I'm sure the Clarets will do their best for you on Saturday.

Also agree with your synopsis on the relationship between the RPL and BSS. Not a lot of difference between the two methinks (though the general consensus of opinion seems to be that you get slightly less time to dwell on the ball in the BSS).

Anyway, the reference to "tin pot" was somewhat tongue in cheek as I'm sure you knew - we've had some great times (and some bad) during our stay in the RPL, and wish everyone still "stuck" in it, the best of luck for next season.

Your lads need one last push to give them a chance of promotion. Go for it!

Thanks for that B.C., but I don't think we've won enough games this season even if we have an exceptional final few fixtures.

Hornchurch seem to have timed it perfectly, & I think will give anyone a tough contest in the play-offs.

A IMO.

cough cough

Anyway, we're not too disappointed about last night - it's only a tin-pot cup after all.

We'd love to win it...........or even get there! Mind you we are a tin pot club..... frown

boilerlg.jpg

Have faith Rick - that fourth play-off spot is still up for grabs. With Horsham in free-fall, and the Clarets still to play Ramsgate, Ashford and Hendon, it's all to play for.

I'd love to be proved wrong & I'm usually the "eternal optimist", but if we make the play-offs having only won 19 or less of our 42 games I'll be most suprised.