Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 8th April

TUESDAY 8th

HERTS CHARITY SHIELD SEMI FINAL

Royston Town 1-2 Tring Athletic

SOUTH MIDLANDS FLOODLIGHT CUP

SEMI FINAL

Cockfosters 3-2 Potton United

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale 2-0 Oxhey Jets

Colney Heath 0-4 Beaconsfield SYCOB

Holmer Green 3-3 Welwyn Garden City

Langford 2-1 St Margaretsbury

DIVISION ONE

Ampthill Town 4-2 Cranfield United

Buckingham Athletic 0-2 Stony Stratford Town

Cheshunt Reserves 1-0 Harpenden Town

New Bradwell St Peter 0-1 Haringey Borough

Winslow United 2-0 Sun Postal Sports

DIVISION TWO

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 0-1 Totternhoe

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
New Bradwell St Peter 0-1 Haringey Borough

Result of the night

Originally Posted By: Jack Sparrow
Massive result
2007-2008 Season
The Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League
Division One
P W D L F A Pts
1 Kentish Town 31 19 5 7 76 47 62
2 Haringey Borough 31 19 5 7 76 50 62
3 Stony Stratford Town 32 18 7 7 79 53 61
4 Hoddesdon Town 31 18 7 6 65 40 61
5 Royston Town 33 17 7 9 86 43 58
6 New Bradwell St Peter 32 15 10 7 53 40 55
7 Ampthill Town 32 15 6 11 79 58 51
8 Sport London e Benfica 33 15 6 12 61 45 51
9 Cheshunt Reserves 32 13 8 11 56 47 47
10 Bedford 33 15 2 16 64 71 47
11 Brache Sparta 32 12 4 16 51 75 40
12 Amersham Town 31 12 3 16 55 63 39
13 Buckingham Athletic 32 10 8 14 42 50 38
14 Arlesey Athletic 33 10 7 16 49 70 37
15 Bedford Town Reserves 34 10 7 17 47 71 37
16 Sun Postal Sports 33 9 6 18 47 72 33
17 Harpenden Town 32 7 9 16 39 57 30
18 Winslow United 33 8 6 19 62 95 30
19 Cranfield United 34 7 3 24 53 93 24

Thought id pop down to hertford to watch the reserves who won the league and have to say i have never seen such disgraceful champions, with the manager swearing and encouraging bad player attitude as well as what appeared to be singing in the dressing room at half time of we are the champions. Absolutely shameful for hertford town who were lucky to escape with a draw with st.margaretsbury who field a team full of kids. Whether youve won the league or not surley you show opposition respect at all time? And result of day Liverpool 4 Arsenal 2! come on you reds!

The lads were having a celebration. They were showing respect to the teams that can finish second and third behind them by having the traditional last day "swapping positions" game early against a team where the result mattered to no-one. Apart from the 'keeper, everyone played out of position. I saw the first half, when the odd line up was in complete command against St Mags. They didn't appear to be much younger than Hertford, and I recognised a number of them from previous encounters.

fair enough however you dont sing songs at half time or have the manager shouting you f-ing cheat etc across the pitch. May be a good team but on this showing not worthy enough champions, from my seat just seemed the team were trying to show off and take the p!ss making a mockery of football.

Originally Posted By: Jack Sparrow
Massive result

Huge!

Originally Posted By: Spec!
fair enough however you dont sing songs at half time or have the manager shouting you f-ing cheat etc across the pitch. May be a good team but on this showing not worthy enough champions, from my seat just seemed the team were trying to show off and take the p!ss making a mockery of football.

Ah., think I might know who you are now! The abuse was a split second reaction to the young lad running your line, who couldn't get his flag up quick enough to call our No. 9 offside, although he was in his own half. It was clear from the boy's reaction that he was just eager, not cheating, but the abuse had already been hurled. I apologise on behalf of our manager.

Unfortunately our floodlight cup hopes came to an end with a tight 1-0 loss at Saffron Walden. To be honest I think Walden shaded it overall but it was frustrating as we missed a pen at 0-0 and their injury time winner came from a free kick which shouldn't have been. Ho Hum!

They also hit the post, we had a couple cleared off the line... our young keeper probably the busier of the two and did well on his first team debut.

Match report http://www.hoddesdontownfc.co.uk/MRC%2015%20Saffron%20Walden%20Town%2008%2004%2008.doc

Just go down to the last paragraph laugh

Originally Posted By: Reds76
Congratulations to everyone at Chalk Lane for reaching the final of the South Midlands Floodlit Cup.

We haven't had much luck this season so it's good to see the lads into a senior cup final.

Well done. I think you play the winners of Stansted v Saffron Walden in the final. I've lost track of this comp on Mitoo as some clubs haven't told the league their games are on. Anyone know what happened with Winslow/Hoddesdon in round 2?

I think Winslow pulled out, no record of the game on the Hoddy website.

PS Would also like to add that Walden were a credit as a club, very professional setup and we were well looked after. Bit of Spag Bol and pasta after the game as well.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: Spec!

Ah., think I might know who you are now! The abuse was a split second reaction to the young lad running your line, who couldn't get his flag up quick enough to call our No. 9 offside, although he was in his own half. It was clear from the boy's reaction that he was just eager, not cheating, but the abuse had already been hurled. I apologise on behalf of our manager.

Doubt it was someone from us somehow, There is only me and one other who comes on here and it is not him. Think Spec is a neutral.

Well done to Haringey last night. A highly disputed goal(from our point of view anyway cry!!)a few minutes from full time was enough to split two very good sides. Nice to meet Doug at last, a real gent. Haringey are a cracking side and it's not difficult to see why they are right up there. It looks like we will have to settle for sixth place rather than promotion etc but if you look at where we were last season, we have made great progress and can be proud of the fact that we are competing with anyone that plays us. We now need to make sure that we win our next few games so we don't slip outside the top six.