Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 8th April

Originally Posted By: Newby67
Nice to meet Doug at last, a real gent

So he was actually there then, you obviously don't know him!

Rhodes yes he was there and as per Newby's comments it was very nice to talk to him and He clearly has the best interests of haringey at heart and is also very passionate about what he is trying to do for the club. The same goes for John Bacon they are nothing you like to portray them as in the slightest and unlike you he understands football

New Bradwell, sort yer spellign owt!! wink

Doug was very gracious in his praise for New Bradwell and the way we play. He told us what he is trying to do for Haringey and struck me as a very honest and likeable bloke who clearly loves his football club. Your not bitter are you Mr Rhodes? Can you comment on why their stand nearly caught fire? I'm sure it would make an interesting story.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

Just go down to the last paragraph laugh

Perhaps he noticed?

Originally Posted By: Newby67
Well done to Haringey last night. A highly disputed goal(from our point of view anyway cry!!)a few minutes from full time was enough to split two very good sides. Nice to meet Doug at last, a real gent. Haringey are a cracking side and it's not difficult to see why they are right up there. It looks like we will have to settle for sixth place rather than promotion etc but if you look at where we were last season, we have made great progress and can be proud of the fact that we are competing with anyone that plays us. We now need to make sure that we win our next few games so we don't slip outside the top six.

Could do without the Amps breathing down your neck!!!!! ha ha

Top form in the league!

When do you play Benfica?

Winslow's win last night has pretty much condemned Cranfield as the bottom club this year (again!).

Their management were telling me last night that they will not go down because the league is expanding to 22 teams next year.

Is this true?

Good luck against Winslow Saturday - I see they have Tally (P. Talbot) playing for them again, not sure why he has left Aylesbury Vale.

You only have to run 10yrds at your age southmidsfan and most clubs in the league can hear your breathing wherever they are!

Don't believe the Bradwell v Benfica match has been scheduled yet.

Shame about Cranfield as they have a decent set up and potential to do well but don't seem to be able to attract players from either the Bedford or Milton Keynes catchment areas they sit between. I'm sure their management are hoping for them to escape relegation again as otherwise I'm sure they'll have to be looking for yet another club to get involved with!

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan

Good luck against Winslow Saturday - I see they have Tally (P. Talbot) playing for them again, not sure why he has left Aylesbury Vale.

Yeah suprised he has taken a step down, chris Hill has gone back there as well

Really good competitive game last night. In truth a draw would have been a fairer result as neither side created too many openings. Well contested and played in the right spirit throughout.

Great to meet up with Nb,Newby and ICU as well as the rest of the committee who were excellent hosts and very gracious after what was obviously a bitter pill to swallow with a goal at the death that appeared to all to be a little fortuitous.

You have a good young side who play the game in the right fashion and i have no doubt you will be right up there next season. Good luck for the rest of the season.

It'll be a tough game against Winslow I'm sure, thanks for your kind support. I've been looking at Ampthill's results, doing really well just lately, be interesting to see what happens against Kentish next Monday (Monday?? Why??). I'm planning to come and watch your final against Haringey, should be a cracking game.

As for the league expanding to 22, I'd also heard that they want no more than 20 teams in Division One. Swings and roundabouts, rumours and subjecture. Cranfield no doubts will survive by the skin of their teeth and will rebuild next season, or so the rumours go anyway!!

Southmidsfan - Were you at Ampthill Park last night, did you happen to see two gentleman in fedora's and raincoats on the far side of the pitch near to the dugouts.

Originally Posted By: x-man
You only have to run 10yrds at your age southmidsfan and most clubs in the league can hear your breathing wherever they are!

X-man, I'm not sure the forum would appreciate "Mrs" jokes but I have never had any complaints from your Mrs about my breathing!!!!!

I may have to report you to a forum moderator for only posting about me! It's a little unnerving.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1344068#Post1344068

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1319481#Post1319481

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Southmidsfan - Were you at Ampthill Park last night, did you happen to see two gentleman in fedora's and raincoats on the far side of the pitch near to the dugouts.

I was there - first game back after my suspension.

Not sure I saw these suspicious sounding characters. Who were they?

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
Rumours ? Rumours ?, Heres one for you I have heard that Stony Stratford will be moving to Greenleys to play at the rugby club in time for the 2009-10 Season................

Now that's a great rumour. The rugby club are moving to Emerson Valley I believe so there may be some truth in it!!!!!!

It was 'the great one' and Hector Varela, they came up to watch you ahead of next Monday's game!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It was 'the great one' and Hector Varela, they came up to watch you ahead of next Monday's game!

'the great one' Steven Gerrard??????

wasted journey I'm afraid - it was a very experimental side we fielded last night.

Oh well, I'm sure they can claim their expenses back from the club.

Originally Posted By: Spec!
Thought id pop down to hertford to watch the reserves who won the league and have to say i have never seen such disgraceful champions, with the manager swearing and encouraging bad player attitude as well as what appeared to be singing in the dressing room at half time of we are the champions. Absolutely shameful for hertford town who were lucky to escape with a draw with st.margaretsbury who field a team full of kids. Whether youve won the league or not surley you show opposition respect at all time? And result of day Liverpool 4 Arsenal 2! come on you reds!

bore off m8!! hertford ressies have worked hard all season to win the league, they are entitled to enjoy themselves and celebrate how they see fit, lighten up a bit

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Holmer Green 3-3 Welwyn Garden City

Does anyone know the outcome of the meeting at Holmer Green on Monday, the Club certainly seems to be fighting for its survival on the field of play:

Holmer Green 3-3 Welwyn Garden City Tues 8th April
Spartan South Midlands League
Admission

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
New Bradwell St Peter 0-1 Haringey Borough

A comprehensive report from 'our' huge win on Tuesday night:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=25461&conf=&div=