Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Music Saturday

Watcha playing saturday Gazza? I know it's corney, but here's my Top 5 "Angel" tracks:-

Rod & The Faces - Angel

Nazareth - Broken Down Angel

Eurythmics - There Must Be An Angel

Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning

Sham 69 - Angels (With Dirty Faces)

Glitter Band - Angel Face

(alright, Top 6)

And no Robbie in sight!

I tend to shy away from "theme" play lists unless they're a style of music. The best "theme" playlist was the punk one...after a legnthy Thursday discussion with SK and MN...some people still havean issue with me playing "Jilted John" (it all seemed to be a good idea at the time)...

The last time I put together a club themed play list was when I played Horsham Boys - Sham 69 (amougnst others...jl will have to remind me of the team and it appeared to fire up our opponents to such extent the we lost a game that we should've won (on the present form)...

...But as I provide a public service, I can't moan at the requests Rick (jl makes many a request himself, which are very welcome, I can say as sometimes I can wander aimlessly through the corridors of insperation). Of those mentioned, I would play Nazareth "Broken Down Angel" at half time and Eurythmics "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)"...I may slip in the Sham 69's "Angels (With Dirty Faces)" if I can find it.

Oh and if anyone has noticed, there is now two opportunities to catch the team changes before the game. The first is read over the theme for "Where Eagles Dare". Mr. Longhurst requested it a couple of home games away and it is too dramatic a tune to let slip by...

...Which brings me to another interesting point. A couple of seasons ago SK and I were discussing the format of the music before the game and it was he that suggested a couple of tunes before the game to signal that kick off was about to commence. I wasn't convinced but tried it and it has since developed quite nicely....we now have "Where Eagles Dare" followed by a rocky guitar based tune of my choice (a nod to Keith who said the supporters require something to fire them up), Slade "Give Us A Goal", "Asteroid" (the Pearl & Dean advert theme), The openeing "bit" to Start Wars and then "Rocky"...

Which brings me to another interesting point and rather amusing. A couple of seasons ago, my Wife was outside signing up people to become members of the BTSA when at around 2.30 I hit the wrong button on the mixing desk and the Rocky Theme thundered out over the PA...I was told that those queing up to join had a panic on, said they would join up later as the match was about to start!!! Of course, I didn't know this was happening at the front gate and noticing my mistake after a minute, went back to the play list...so the Rocky Theme has drifted into the Supporters psyche.

well no strongbow for me and BB then no sham 69 - angels for the full ninety minutes haha otherwise you could bring an Ipod with the song on it oh we have a joyful world don't Bitch i would happily have that song playing for the full ninety with some ear muffs on but you would hae to run it by Gazza first with your sureal request

Well...We have a surprise today...a 30 second blast to bring a smile to our faaces. Also the following "Angel" references

Glitter Band - Angel Face

Tavares - Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel

Nazareth - Broken Down ANgel

Sham 69 - Angels (With Dirty Faces)

For BB, we do have a U2 song played as the penultimate song before the team announcements. I could've gone with his suggestion but considering the game and the "slim" chance we have of making the play off's, I thought "Pride" was a better choice (altho it will make absolutly no difference on the result of the day but...it'll fire someone up).

I have gone a bit more disco today than usual...yes we have our rocky section but there are those supporters that do like the '70's and 80's club scene... but hopefully you'll all enjoy it.

Play list in full

Leona Lewis Better In Time

Chris Brown With You

Mariah Carey Touch My Body

Temptations Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Ringo Starr It Don't Come Easy

Black Eyed Peas Shut Up

Human League Love Action (I Believe In Love)

The Glitter Band Angel Face

Bananarama Nathan Jones

The Orb Little Fluffy Clouds

Gwen Stefani Wind It Up

Sam Sparro Black And Gold

Flo Rida Low

Duffy Mercy

Sheryl Crow Everyday Is A Winding Road

Nazareth Broken Down Angel

The Jacksons Blame It On The Boogie

Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake 4 Minutes

Ray Charles (The Blues Brothers) Shake Your Tail Feather

Earth Wind And Fire Boogie Wonderland

Tavares Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel

Mission Impossible Theme

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Theme

Pilot Magic

Bad Company I Can't Get Enough

R.E.M. Supernatural Superserious

The Jam Funeral Pyre

The Kooks Always Where I Need To Be

Sham 69 Angels (With Dirty Faces)

"Looney Tunes"

Where Eagles Dare

U2 Pride

Slade, Asteriod, Star Wars, Rocky Theme...

Half Time

Estelle ft Kayne West American Boy

Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited

Def Leppard Armageddon It

Sounds good to me Gazza! I am going to TRY and get to the ground a bit earlier today, especially so I can catch the new Mariah Carey song yay - she looks WELL FIT in the video for it chloe !! But first I need to get dressed, finish my quiz prep, wash up, have a shower, get Nathan dressed, cook breakfast, get Nathan dressed again doah finish the bit of the quiz I forgot to finish earlier, drag Nathan away from the TV, drag myself away from the PC, drag Nathan away from the PC and drive home again from the Shaw Farm round about after forgetting something essential and try again giveup

PS: The Slade/Asteroid/Starwars/Rocky bit is great Gazza - it always reminds me to leave the bar when engrossed in your programme columns and gives me exactly the right time to get round the far side to my favoured standing position. I would prob miss the KO if you didn't play it now !!