Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

happy birthday wader

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
By the way will the North Bedfordshire County Cup Final still be played at your new stadium early next month.

Wader - You haven't answered the question which is unusual for you, are the floodlights up yet.

OK Cec. You asked, so wade through this.

The FP's have been in place for some time. The headers with weights have been raised and weight/stress tested and passed. The headers have been removed awaiting connection of the electrickery, the latter having been delayed somewhat by astounding and brazen theft of the 3 tons mains cable. The second occassion of which (including the separate 400m of floodlight cable) was utterly heartbreaking for all. The cost and time implications severe.

It seems in this day and age that anyone can take an unused but earth covered electric cable weighing 3 tons into a scrap yard and be handed immediate cash without a recepit of purchase or proof of ownership. The practice is widespread with delivery lorries of said cable being followed to their destination or indeed being hi-jacked en-route. The police were unhelpful, saying that this happened all the time, the losses uninsurable. To Charles Church or Barratt Homes this kind of affair may be an inconvenience, to a lowly level 5 football club it is devastating in so many ways.

Anyway, the latest cables are now live and metered from tomorrow. The lights can be raised and finally lux certificated thereafter.

The whole episode has been heinous in its wanton criminality blinkered by violent avarice. The security measure solution to protect the latest cables until live connection have included me wearing a subs-suit remaining on site overnight with a sleeve of scaffold pole in one hand and a powerful torch in the other. All subsequent boarding parties in rusty transit vans and low loading lorries have been thus seen off.

There is always a lift after a blow and the installation of the turnstiles has been my favourite thing to happen on site. Sourced from Bramall Lane and completely refurbished, the turnstiles themselves have already given 100 years of service with a fascinating history of use. The old recycled and now useful again. Their simplicity now surpassed in higher echelons of football with electronic scanners and smart cards. Pah!

Turnstile2.jpg

Turnstiles1.jpg

Like the turnstiles Wader ! We could have sold you some. Just doing a deal with Langford.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I've still got 2 in stock. They will be saved for the construction of the second turnstile block at a future date.

I know Bigg Utd are looking for a couple of turnstiles if you have any others.

We have 8 in all, from the glory days when we had THREE entrances. Even for Step 4 we only need 2. Frank asked me Tuesday night if they could buy one. Until then, we hadn't even thought about the. Can't see us ever needing all 8 again!

I was offered from old Wembley as many red seats as I wanted free, just pick up and take-away. Wrong colour, wrong time though. The turnstiles would have been a bargain if I had known. They are worth (with a Wembley provenance) very good money now.

300 new green/white uv protected seats recently cost us 7.5k! - they are designed for the ample posterior though smile

By the way will the North Bedfordshire County Cup Final still be played at your new stadium early next month.

Wader - You haven't answered the question which is unusual for you, are the floodlights up yet.

Rhodes - if you bothered to use a "?" in your posts, people might realise you are asking a question.

Ah yes. Another not widely known c0ck-up at New Wembley was the installation of non uv rated seats. They all had to come out and be replaced before a bottom had been planted on a single one!

By the way - ASDA do fantastic deals on sun lotions as long as you prefer to fry in oil rather than broil in your own juices blush

Wader - Thanks for the helpful update, you should have kept us more closely informed as I for one would have been far more sympathetic and understanding as to what you have been up against recently. Can you still see the North Bedfordshire Cup Final taking place at the stadium early next month or will it have to go elsewhere.

A decision will be made by the NBC Committee at 9.35pm on the 29th of this month (That being about time for final whistle in the unplayed semi-final twixt Langford and Stotfold).

Thereafter they will send out to the invited great and good on the guest list the final arrangements for The Final.

I have no doubts about the building being ready, however the stadium safety certificate may or may not be. Due to the electrickery delays the fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and evacuation procedures have yet to be proven and passed along with the building sign off certificate. Add sods law into the equation and there is of course doubt. The NBC Committee are fully aware of the situation and I believe have made provision for this.

The very first Final of this cup was hosted by Biggleswade Town 100 years ago. The centenary final therefore was allocated to Bigg Town. A shame indeed if we cannot host it, but there will no doubt be other opportunities.

And remember what they say - A new stadium is for life, not just for May 9th smile

I was offered from old Wembley as many red seats as I wanted free, just pick up and take-away. Wrong colour, wrong time though. The turnstiles would have been a bargain if I had known. They are worth (with a Wembley provenance) very good money now.

300 new green/white uv protected seats recently cost us 7.5k! - they are designed for the ample posterior though smile

dont think the colour goes with the eyes of bitch........but she will be pleased to sit in comfort at last grin

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1

dont think the colour goes with the eyes of bitch........but she will be pleased to sit in comfort at last grin

hmmmm...not quite the way to seduce the ladies young 'un and it also has to be said the m'lady bitchypoo has a rather desireable and slim botty which I shall be fondling on saturday...... devil bootyshake

will PM you monday by the way in reply to yours and thanx...