Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some more positive things to say for a change!

Haringey came to us (New Bradwell)on Tues and the game was close, tough, but played the right way. No squaring up and threats after every tackle, just a quick handshake and on with the game. They are a good side, the best Ive seen along with Kentish and would do well in the Prem I think. I recognised the left back thinking I knew him but turns out Ive got a good memory because we probably played against each other 15 years ago! Im so old. But so is he. Met Doug too, nice bloke.

I was at the 3-3 game Willo, I think it's fair to say that we both had players missing that day and Kentish were just beginning to get into their stride when we played you. Since then, you've been brilliant and fully deserve to be at the top. We had our centre forward in goal when you smashed us at our place, thoroughly deserved to get hammered that day.

I agree with ICU, Haringey were excellent. Cracking game of football. Shame it had to end with a poor decision from the assistant referee but they were great nonetheless. Another positive to end with, I am enjoying the friendly banter on this site, even though I hate losing and we are rivals. We hope to beat you all next season as we push for world domination. Grrrr.

I Agree - Haringey are the best footballing side we have played this year and would appear to be the best equipped to play in the Prem next season.

That said Kentish are getting the job done at the moment and you have to admire that. Not sure they woudl do as well as Haringey in the Prem next year - especially if they lose Lee Scott to a team up the pyramid.

BedfordSub - Great to meet you briefly on Wednesday night, you can be proud of your performance and I think Bedford are a team going places under McMullen's guidance.

Yeah same to you Rhodes - I knew all the stories they tell on this forum couldn't be true wink

Was a bit gutted to get injured especially as we didn't have any subs to replace me! The 16 year old who played centre-half with me (due to a few regulars not being able to make it / get there) did well I thought against 2 of the better strikers in the league. Just felt a bit bad I left him to chase Less Scott about!!

McMullen's definitely got the right idea. Trying to bring youth through and getting rid of some of the dead wood Bedford have had for the last few seasons. I have to keep reminding him he needs experience as well because I'm 28 and won't be part of his youth policy plans !

Will be interested to see how you do next year in the Prem - I wonder what the step up is like having watched Biggelswade Town a few times this season. I get the feeling the top 6 are far and away a step up in class but the bottom 10 could be competed with by most of Div 1.

Still I guess you would settle for mid table medeocraty in the Prem this time next year wink

Wow, when did Kentish get all their points for guaranteed promotion?

Admittedly they are in the best position with the easiest run in by far so it is theirs to lose now!

check the april form guide and see who the inform teams are and ktfc are playing all of them, so not really the easiet run in, and no one are counting the points as we found out against beford as we were made to fight all the way for the three points and expect the same in the rest of our matches, nothing garanteed till th final match of the season.

Tiger, behave yourself, this is a positive thread. wink Besides, you're not doing so bad yourselves in the form guide either. You're right to be cautious but what an excellent position to be in with so few games to go. Get past Ampthill and I reckon your home and dry.

Originally Posted By: Newby67
Get past Ampthill and I reckon your home and dry

I've always maintained that Cheshunt Reserves away will be our most difficult remaining game on 22 April so it would be nice to travel to Theobalds Lane (again) knowing we can afford to lose to get promoted which means we will need to win tomorrow at Bedford Town Reserves, on Monday against Ampthill and on Wednesday against Arlesey Athletic.

Originally Posted By: nellie
oooooo willo anything we need to know lol

Isn't that your department

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Admittedly they are in the best position with the easiest run in by far so it is theirs to lose now!

Against Arlesey Athletic you mean who have just won at Royston Town