Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town Res 3 Stotfold Res 1

Hertford's all conquering Ressies booked a place in the South Midlands Floodlight Cup Final by disposing of previously unbeaten UCL side Stotfold Reserves in the semi-final. The much delayed tie was played in front of a sizable crowd and after going a goal down early in the second period, Hertford rallied to level through an own goal, outrageously claimed by striker Chapman, who had chested the ball down for a Stotfold defender to smash past his keeper. Winger Marcus Cumberbatch cut in to lash the second, then Brendan Brien notched the third from a lay off by top scorer Mark Draper.

This win set up a final tie against Div One side Cheshunt Reserves, venue to be decided by toss of a coin.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Congratulations Horace, your reserves are certainly doing you proud this season. Do you know the date for the final yet or is that to be confirmed when the venue is decided?

No news on final yet, although it will NOT be Saturday next. Yes, it will depend on venue after coin toss, although I heard that Cheshunt had already begun close season work on their pitch!

Originally Posted By: Horace
Congratulations Horace, your reserves are certainly doing you proud this season. Do you know the date for the final yet or is that to be confirmed when the venue is decided?

No news on final yet, although it will NOT be Saturday next. Yes, it will depend on venue after coin toss, although I heard that Cheshunt had already begun close season work on their pitch!

Well done to your ressies Horace....makes for a long season though

Originally Posted By: Horace

I was at Cheshunt tonight. Was told that they will still be local matches for the next 2 weeks before they begin work on the pitch.

Rhodes is in enough trouble without bothering me about the state of the Cheshunt pitch!

alk