Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Unlucky

Hornchurch legend colin lynes who lost to some greasy wop in Italy tonight,I missed the first 5 rounds but the last 7 were pretty close with colin taking at least 4,also with the fact that colin put the geezer down in the 2nd and had most of the early rounds i think the old eyeties have been on the cheat again.

As Colin said "the british fight fans are honest and they will know i did enough to win that fight"

So coach,cheating at boxing now are you????

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
Hornchurch legend colin lynes who lost to some greasy wop in Italy tonight,I missed the first 5 rounds but the last 7 were pretty close with colin taking at least 4,also with the fact that colin put the geezer down in the 2nd and had most of the early rounds i think the old eyeties have been on the cheat again.
As Colin said "the british fight fans are honest and they will know i did enough to win that fight"
So coach,cheating at boxing now are you????

Cheating?Well,i don't wanna dig out some old fights back in the late seventies and eighties....What can i say?GO ON GIANLUCA!!! excitedFunny enough i got married in Civitavecchia in 1988(my mother in law home town)and i had the pleasure to know Branco very well in the 4 years i lived there.He was a young hopeful 18 years old then but a tough lad and he used to come and see us playing for a team named Pro Campo dell'Oro,his own local team and we were playing in the "prima categoria* of the Northern Lazio region.I'm glad i came across your post UM,he brought me back a lot of happy memories.Yeah i know it was a close one but you have to accept the verdict,like a true sportsman.Go on Branco,"IL TORO DI CIVITAVECCHIA" boxing excited

I went to watch my cousin UM and he was f**king robbed. The Italian, press, fans, etc all said he won. The only person who didn't was Jim 'I know f**k all' Watt and I think he's had one too many punches to the head.

Coachie we had a chat with Branco, his brother Silvio and a few others in the hotel on friday morning and they were lovely guys....but I suppose they can be when you know you can't lose.

When I saw him at breakfast and I said to him that he never won he just gave me a wry smile and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I know'.

Anyway the real person to blame is Barry Hearne who lost the purse bids by

I watched the fight Jenks. The first 5 round were all his by a stretch , however from round 6 onwards i felt that Branco was holding the centre of the ring well and dictating the pace of the fight , but even though I think Branco had the better of the second half of the fight i thought that those rounds (6-12) were split and that lynes won all the first 5 comfortably so he should have still won on points .

But as the commentator said its notoriously hard for Brits to get a decision in Italy.

You're right Trenks but even though he was on the back foot he still done the cleaner work. First 5 rds plus a 10-8 for the knock down is still a draw.

It's all experience though because if he had known it was close he would have stepped on the gas and won the rounds easier. He had alot left in the tank. I just think he thought he was so far in front he didn't have to do anything too drastic. I was gutted though! The Italian press sitting in front of us had him 3 rds up!

Originally Posted By: Jenko
I went to watch my cousin UM and he was f**king robbed. The Italian, press, fans, etc all said he won. The only person who didn't was Jim 'I know f**k all' Watt and I think he's had one too many punches to the head.

Coachie we had a chat with Branco, his brother Silvio and a few others in the hotel on friday morning and they were lovely guys....but I suppose they can be when you know you can't lose.
When I saw him at breakfast and I said to him that he never won he just gave me a wry smile and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I know'.

Anyway the real person to blame is Barry Hearne who lost the purse bids by