Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I do not feel the need to defend myself but I make this statement to set the record straight and answer my critics.

Firstly I would state that I do not post on any forums under a pseudonym, neither Harry, Bilbo or any other that have sometimes been attributed to me. I do not condone or agree with posts that just keep opening a sore which is best left alone to heal.

When I took over at the Club, Edgware Town was on its knees, there were massive debts due to years of mismanagement and some officers taking large amounts out of the Club. The credibility and reputation of the Club was at its lowest ever ebb with the league and FA. In fact the Club had been banned from FA competitions (Vase and Cup) due to unpaid fines. Wealdstone, who had ground shared at the White Lion for a number of years, had moved to Northwood that year due to the turmoil at the Club, removing a much needed revenue stream.

In the first year I put the Club on a stable financial basis and wrote a constitution for the governance of the Club. In my second season we were allowed back in the FA Vase and the following season we were allowed back in the FA Cup, you have to play a year in the Vase/Trophy before you are allowed back in the FA Cup. The Clubs reputation in the League and FA had been restored and all the Clubs debts had been settled. The ground had been brought up to grade E and subsequently to grade D. A lot of this work being funded by me personally.

The demise of Edgware Town was regrettable yet inevitable. The White Lion ground is a prime piece of real estate and developers have been trying to get a foothold there for the last 10 years. When in June 2006, Harrow Council granted Edgeware Developments (their spelling not mine) planning permission to build houses and flats, the grounds fate was sealed. Although I alone argued the decision at numerous meetings of the Council, they were adamant that Edgware Town would be left to their own devices.

At the end of last season, with the lease on the ground due to expire at the end of December 2008, the lack of funding available either for a ground share or to run the Club for the next season (circa