Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership?

townerboy

I have raised this query more than once in the past. No, there is no membership card or anything.

In our formation season, members got a share certificate, but nothing since. Sometimes there is a very small form included on a newsletter sometime in the summer or early season, but bizarrely there is no renewal form/letter/reminder sent to all members. In fact when I queried whetherI was still a member I was contacted (informally, by someone whose job it wasn't but was decent enough to do it) and told that I was but the address was wrong.

I would imagine that a lot of members simply forget to renew. I know I haven't renewed yet, but to be honest don't really feel much rush to do so with so little apparent interest in my membership.

All current members were sent a reminder in May. So far 140 members have renewed their membership (73%). Membership forms will be available tonight and at future games in the club shop.

A share certificate was issued in 2006 and the club are looking to either issue a certificate to members who have joined since then and/or issue an annual membership card.

I'm not getting at you, I just think that our club are stepping into a new era (hopefully a positive and successful one) with the new management.

However as fans we need to be their 12th man on and off the field.

In fact it would be a great idea if ETFC ditched the number 12 shirt and recognise the fans as the 12th man and no one player as a little bit of spritual support?????????

opinions on a post card please

Exactly. I do not recall receiving a reminder in May. I received nothing in the post, and I have checked my email inbox and there is nothing there - but I did get the fixture list. Therefore I don't know if I was overlooked or if I was a member the previous year - I renewed but there is no way of knowing if your form and cheque were received. As I say, at one time they had onfused me with my son and put me down at an his previous address. As I said a couple of years ago this uncertainty would be avoided if membership cards or some sort of acknowledgement was sent out.

If an existing member does not renew by a given date, rather than shrugging the shoulders and deleting them from the database, why not send a second reminder? This is all basic stuff.

I would agree with you and LS strongly if we were a corporate organisation and I do accept that standards need to be kept high in all set ups.

Sounds like all we need to set up is a continuos direct debit scheme where our membership fees are debited on the first day of say July each year.

In my view again, a membership card would create additional expenditure which could pay for a talented player, so i'm happy if I did not get a card.

Therefore I'll just renew when I pop into the first home game i'll be attending for the season.

Anyone who was a member as recently as 2006 would have received several renewal notices over the last two years and with the last one sent out in May members were given the opportunity to pay by standing order.

Additionally if you go to the ETFC home page you can access the forms and the standing order mandate form from there. Hope that helps!

It would be good to push the membership back over the 200 mark this season.