Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cockfosters FC Manager Resigns

Just read on the Cockfosters site that it's all change at the Lane, David Craig has resigned, Neil Ewing taking over the reins with Ron Syrett as his assistant, no word yet though on a new Reserve Manager.

Good Luck to Neil Ewing, big job ahead but I am sure he will give the club and his players 100%

Yes it was on the Non League Today Website earlier in the week, I'm sure David Craig won't be out of football for too long as he is a class act:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=53369

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes it was on the Non League Today Website earlier in the week, I'm sure David Craig won't be out of football for too long as he is a class act:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=53369

Thanks Rhodes hadn't seen it, I don't think David Craig has been happy for a while at the Lane and also wish him well, do hope that Neil Ewing does ok, he is a nice guy and seems to be able to get players playing for him and has always got the best out of his Reserves and there always seems to be alot of respect for him from all of his players, lets hope it follows on as the 1st team haven't got off to the best of starts, as I said big job ahead of him

Just seen this in the Enfield Gazzette, looks like not happy with some players

Manager quits Cockfosters following latest heavy loss

Thursday, 06 November 2008

POPULAR manager David Craig has resigned as manager of Cockfosters, bringing and end to his two-year reign in charge of the club.

Craig made the decision to stand down after Cockfosters

Originally Posted By: onekeown
The Rhino returns!Where has he been hiding?
Originally Posted By: digby
Richard Jones has been brought in by Neil Ewing as new Reserve Team Manager, good luck to him down at the Lane

Not sure, but he took the Ressies on Saturday and they all seem to like him, think he will do well for Neil and the club down at the Lane, squad seem happy with him, heard he use to play at the Lane as well, is this true? Seems Neil has made a popular choice

It is still on according to Football Mitoo however after all the rain yesterday I'll be surprised if Herns Lane will be playable.

Originally Posted By: christianTroy
i agree they showed a real team spirit and defended like a team possessed.I cant see how they have concieded so many goals this year? The two lads up front were decent as well

New Manager Neil Ewing seems to have brought in a couple of new players, got rid of a couple of players, got a bit of spirit back in the team, and basically got players working & playing for him which seemed to be the problem with their last Manager, as players just didn't seem to work for him

• 4 weeks later...

Good win last night in the SSML Challenge Trophy for Cockfosters with a 5-4 win over Broxbourne Borough a great hat-trick from Jon Moniatis in the 1st half, followed by goals from Joe Smith and Thibault Aliadiaire, the team again played with lots of team spirit and heart, with Neil Ewing now in charge and as he showed from his Reserve side never worried about introducing younger players into his squad, the new Cockfosters Manager named five U18's on his team sheet, with two of them making the field of play, it was a good game for spectators to watch with good football being shown around the pitch from both sides, well done lads !!!!

Cockfosters next game in this competition will be

away to Langford on the 20-01-09

Managers worst nightmare last night!! i reckon both sides will be working on defending on thurs night at training!! 8 of the 9 goals were all from defensive mistakes!! The only good goal in the game was cockfosters 4th goal from the number 7, great strike!!

Good luck in the next round Cockfosters!!