Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oxhey Jets 0 - Welwyn Garden City 3

A battling performance was a bit too literal 15 minutes from the end of this match at Oxhey Jets Boundary Stadium this afternoon.

A dreadful tackle taking out Mark Blackburne and the Citizens reaction saw 3 players given straight reds, 2 from the home team and 1 for the visitors, by referee Jake Hillier spoiling what up to then had been an entertaining display of football.

However, the Citizens took all 3 points from the game with there first away win of the season lifting them away from the relegation places in the league.

Stuart Blackburne scored first, 30 minutes in, when he saw home keeper Steve Duce off his line and the lithe striker lobbed the ball over him into the net.

After the fracas on the pitch and the game restarted Blackburne scored his second and Tom Lewis

tackle for the sending off was savage and can only be deemed as 100% intentional. Mark Blackburne rode it well, as it was a certain leg breaker.

Welwyn well deserved the win and will be Interesting to see how far up the league they will go.

Oxhey had no great threat in front of goal without the susspended Jamie Arthur

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

A dreadful tackle taking out Mark Blackburne and the Citizens reaction saw 3 players given straight reds, 2 from the home team and 1 for the visitors, by referee Jake Hillier spoiling what up to then had been an entertaining display of football.

So what spoilt the game? The challenge, or the fact that Mr Hillier dealt with it?

It was the tackle and the handbags after it that spoilt the game.

The referee was excellent and delt with the problem in the most sensible way. To be fair he could have abandoned the game.

It was also a shame that Chris Ingham was involved as he played for Edgware in the past and must have known most of the Welwyn team.

Don't know how far they can go, but if my maths are right:

23 teams = 44 games

Played 16 leaves 28 games = available 84 points

Plus already gained 15 + 84 = 99 points = WIN THE LEAGUE

Oh! the power of wishful thinking and positive thought!!

Originally Posted By: Bilbo

Don't know how far they can go, but if my maths are right:

23 teams = 44 games

Played 16 leaves 28 games = available 84 points

Plus already gained 15 + 84 = 99 points = WIN THE LEAGUE

Oh! the power of wishful thinking and positive thought!!

Lol, a classic post. Did you go to Oxhey Jets on Saturday or were you at Lea Bridge Road for Leyton v Wingate & Finchley.

Bilbo - I am not trying to stir anything up, I just asked you a simple question that's all.

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
Originally Posted By: ORACLE

It was also a shame that Chris Ingham was involved as he played for Edgware in the past and must have known most of the Welwyn team.

Poor lad, didn't deserve the whack he got in his eye, as he was only acting as peace maker.

That's what I meant. Chris is a smashing lad and one I consider a friend. He was only trying to calm down Ben Hayden and got a black eye for his trouble. I believe the big man has now aplologised to Chris and rightly so.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I assume you boys have seen Oxhey Jets version of events on Saturday:

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

A bit biased as can be expected, Stuart Blackburne was definitely not off side when he scored his first and the tackle on his twin brother, Mark, was bordering on criminal, as it could have broken his leg, surely more than a