Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I personally feel that the SSMFL committee would want the premier division to contain 22 clubs. If this is proved correct and after the folding of Berkhamsted Town I would think it could certainly be viable to assume that one extra team could get promoted from Division One or they may decide just to relegate one team from the Prem Division and promote two so hence your 22 clubs.

I understand that all ground requirements have to be obtained by end of March 2009. Problem areas for division one clubs in possible promotion places i foresee are :

Kings Langley - no current floodlights yet in place. Unless these are errected before the end of March a promotion will not be granted

Hatfield Town - no current ground of their own !! Will WGC continue a ground share into 2009/10 season ? Will WGC want to run a reserve team in 2009/10 season ?

Royston Town's ground grading has been completed and complies now to Ryman League standards they have no problems in that department

Other division one clubs and Prem Div club's ground standards I cannot make comment on

[quote=for division one clubs in possible promotion places i foresee are :

Kings Langley - no current floodlights yet in place. Unless these are errected before the end of March a promotion will not be granted

But relegation will.

London Colney have got to be in with a shout of promotion - potentially top 5 in div 1 and, as far as I'm aware, they meet the grading requirements.

Hoddesdon look like the next closest in terms of who has got the facilities but they're lagging behind a bit in the league.

It would be good if someone could shed some light on the relegation issue as Cockfosters is one of the clubs potentially affected.

Getting interesting now. Resounding win for ATFC yesterday. Didnt go as I was at the mighty Wolves but here is a report of the game....

AMERSHAM TOWN 4: STONY STRATFORD TOWN 2.

Town made it sixteen points out of the last eighteen with this win over tenth placed Stony Stratford Town.

Unusually for them Amersham started brightly. Adamson Ajayi was unlucky to be just offside from a quick break on four minutes. Six minutes later Darren Butler broke through a static Stony defence from the half way line and drew an excellent save from Dean Trowbridge in the Stony Stratford goal. Amersham in turn were lucky to escape when a similar quick break led to a Stony Stratford forward with only Gary White to beat but he pulled his shot just wide.

With the Stony Stratford defence holding a very high line the speedy Amersham forwards were frequently caught offside. However, on twenty five minutes, a long Amersham clearance found Danilson Vicente on his own facing Trowbridge. Vicente took the ball square and the opportunity seemed to have passed but he clipped the ball expertly into the net. Seven minutes later Vicente was through again but this time he shot just wide of the near post. Two minutes later it wa Ajayi

LEAGUE TABLE - 2/2/09

http://football.mitoo.co.uk/LeagueTab.cf...ueCode=SMID2008

I think it's fairly obvious that Royston will romp this division, I cant really see them dropping an eight point lead. For second, I reckon New Bradwell might nick it in the closing weeks. I also think the mighty magpies (Amersham) will be in with a shout if they keep up their current form.

South Banker

Not sure whether this is the most appropriate thread but Winslow United have a new Website:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/winslowunitedfc01/

Kings Langley promoted from Division 2 ....

Hatfield Town promoted from HSCL .....

Royston Town aren't they HSCL Buntingford Town in disguise ....

Why can't any of the established Division One sides provide a credible challenge for the title. Is the standard lower in Division One than its Pyramid position suggests ?

Being connected with Royston Town and having seen most of the sides in the division one it is of my opinion that most of the sides in the top half of the table could easily hold their own in the premier division. Royston, Hatfield, Hoddesdon, Kings Langley, Winslow Utd have all beaten sides in the Premier Division or equivelent step 4/5 division sides in various FA, County or League Cup competitions this season. It is of my opinion that the standard in division one is much higher than it was last season overall

Tend to agree, I was the coach at Tring last year and Manager of London Colney this, also coached at Sun Postal for over two seasons previous to Tring so in a good position to comment.

Royston would comfortably survive, sixth to tenth i would have thought, the top eight in the first this year would all be competitive, strength in depth maybe a problem

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King

agree - the standard of Div 1 has definitely improved.

Do you mean improved as this season has gone along or improved from last season, personally I think Division 1 last season was far more competitve and interesting with Kentish Town, Haringey, Hoddesdon, Royston, New Bradwell and Stony Stratford all fighting tooth and nail throughout for the two promotion places with Ampthill Town, Sport London e Benfica, Bedford and Cheshunt Reserves also in with a shout. This season however Royston are already home and hosed and the vast majority of games are hardly edge of your seat stuff as was the case each week last season.

I think you are missing the point when you claim Division One clubs are of a high standard.

Royston Town aren't a Division One side they are merely "passing through" and none of the so called established clubs seem to be able to mount a challenge to their progress.

Hatfield Town - also not a Division One club - simply passing through from County League to Premier division. For heavens sake they haven't even got their own ground !

Kings Langley only got promoted last season. Haven't got floodlights or much else. They went 50 games unbeaten just recently.

Bedford Town's reserves are currently in the top 4.

Do you think some well established Clubs with a great history and excellent facilities are simply treading water and showing a lack of ambition in Division One while newer and more vibrant football clubs pass them by ?