Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Informative Articles on Ebbsfleet & MYFC

Bitch

You two fellas are missing the point of this thread. It's not one for the previous bickering. It's so i and other interested people can try to understand the reality for Ebbsfleet FC and MYFC. The other forums are too wrapped up in arguments. I'd like facts here.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
You two fellas are missing the point of this thread. It's not one for the previous bickering. It's so i and other interested people can try to understand the reality for Ebbsfleet FC and MYFC. The other forums are too wrapped up in arguments. I'd like facts here.

You're right, sorry.

Quote from Claudius [color:#000099]"

Plan B was to add so called bolt-ons to the standard Myfc membership.Not such a great success since Brooks now states the Myfc being around 245K..more than 50% shy of the minimum target of 500K.

Plan B... The following is a quote attributed to V (from MYFC)

PLAN B
Back in November, the Board sponsored an independent think-tank of volunteer members that we dubbed Plan B. This group comprised a diverse pool of members, and has been open for those interested in contributing. Topics have spanned everything from cost-cutting to new revenue opportunities, to reform of the Society/ Operator/ Club working model. The idea being that ideas once sanity-checked and fleshed out in a constructive atmosphere (no, the Forums haven't always been this pleasant) would be brought into the Forums for discussion, amendment, and eventually a vote.

Proposals to come out of Plan B so far:

1. Playing budget freeze* (result: 53% of the membership voted no to a freeze in December)
2. Membership bolt-ons (result: implemented by WT)
3. Working group structures (result: in discussion on Forums)

http://www.freemyfc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=596&start=40

Looking at that, Plan B, doesn't seem to be a plan b. A 'think tank' is not a Plan B!!!

1. Playing budget freeze* result: (53% of the membership voted no to a freeze in December)

Do you know the full vote? How many voted for a reduction in budget, and how many higher??

And I doubt very much 53% voted "No". 53% of those who bothered to take part might have tho...

Originally Posted By: PatMan

1. Playing budget freeze* result: (53% of the membership voted no to a freeze in December)

Do you know the full vote? How many voted for a reduction in budget, and how many higher??

And I doubt very much 53% voted "No". 53% of those who bothered to take part might have tho...

No i dont. I don't have access to the information from the MYFC forum. Do you? Maybe the more important question is - What is MYFC's Plan B? I think you need one.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
To be completely honest, they will needs plans B thru to Z to make up for the drop in numbers!

It's probably been explained a million times before but, what does MYFC actually 'own'

Are they able to just pull out of this experiment? If so, or even if not - what happens to funds they do have left if the experiment is deemed unworkable? Do they go to the Ebbsfleet Utd Trust?

Not a clue - am sure that those over on the FreeMyFC site would have more of an idea, as many of them seem to be ex or banned or possibly both from MyFC...

However, I dont think that MyFC have ever been 100% open and honest when to comes to the financial side of things, so can't see them starting now...

Well, until i find the info... back to today's BBC news item. Mention of an emergency meeting. I reckon at the most the outcome will be an announcement of a player budget cut (it was mooted last week). Plus a drive for more member sign ups including selling (mainly) to the Americans the live streaming...And, not a lot else. Probably waiting until after the replay, as that will add some extra interest and dosh if the Fleet get a result and keep the wolf from the door for a little longer than without it.

I do wish the official sites would drop the misleading sales pitch though...

It's probably been explained a million times before but, what does MYFC actually 'own'

Are they able to just pull out of this experiment? If so, or even if not - what happens to funds they do have left if the experiment is deemed unworkable? Do they go to the Ebbsfleet Utd Trust?

I'm not a member of MYFC, but having read their legal documents as published on their site it is clear that:

MYFC has 2 main parts. The MYFC Operator is a limited company and owns and runs the website on behalf of the MYFC Society. The MYFC Society is an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS) governed by its rules of association. It owns 70 - 75% of the shares of EUFC. MYFC members are members of the IPS. An IPS is non-profit making.

According to its Rules, if the IPS is dissolved all assets remaining at the time of dissolution must be transferred to another non-profit making organisation with similar aims. The Fleet Trust would be one such option. Assets would include any money left over and also the shares. Alternatively, the shares could be sold and the money transferred. The members cannot get anything, nor can the Operator.

The members get to vote on where the assets go.

As for pulling out of the experiment, there are two organisations to consider. The Operator can pull out if the membership drops below 15,000 - and it is now below 15,000. If the Operator pulls out that would leave the MYFC IPS with the members and the shares. They would then have to decide whether to carry on (and how to do that!) or whether to also pull out by either selling the shares and starting up again elsewhere, or by dissolving the IPS.

Originally Posted By: MrMushroom

I'm not a member of MYFC, but having read their legal documents as published on their site it is clear that:

MYFC has 2 main parts. The MYFC Operator is a limited company and owns and runs the website on behalf of the MYFC Society. The MYFC Society is an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS) governed by its rules of association. It owns 70 - 75% of the shares of EUFC. MYFC members are members of the IPS. An IPS is non-profit making.

According to its Rules, if the IPS is dissolved all assets remaining at the time of dissolution must be transferred to another non-profit making organisation with similar aims. The Fleet Trust would be one such option. Assets would include any money left over and also the shares. Alternatively, the shares could be sold and the money transferred. The members cannot get anything, nor can the Operator.

The members get to vote on where the assets go.

As for pulling out of the experiment, there are two organisations to consider. The Operator can pull out if the membership drops below 15,000 - and it is now below 15,000. If the Operator pulls out that would leave the MYFC IPS with the members and the shares. They would then have to decide whether to carry on (and how to do that!) or whether to also pull out by either selling the shares and starting up again elsewhere, or by dissolving the IPS.

Thank you very much Mr Mushroom. I'm unable to find the legal documents on the MYFC site.

From my understanding, the 'Operator' is Will Brooks. I think he's profited enough to the tune of