Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ramsgate 1 Billericay 0

A poor game which we didn't deserve to lose imo.

But you must score to win games and yet again we were woefully short of confidence in front of goal.

4 league goals all year and its March tomorrow. Of those 4, 3 have come from defenders and one own goal. Our 'attacking' players haven't found the net since Christmas and the trend needs reversing from Tuesday to prevent free fall towards the relegation zone.

Would dearly love to be shocking and win 1-0 in every game.Was impressed with the amount of fans you bought down today, but saying that there was no singing and getting behind your team,your forwards must be the worst ive seen this season, and i look forward to passing you in the league table, because on this form you are relegation material.

For the fans that travelled i hope you all arrived home safe.

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
Would dearly love to be shocking and win 1-0 in every game.Was impressed with the amount of fans you bought down today, but saying that there was no singing and getting behind your team,your forwards must be the worst ive seen this season, and i look forward to passing you in the league table, because on this form you are relegation material.
For the fans that travelled i hope you all arrived home safe.

No problems with the result Ian, you scored we didn't. I just didn't think the Rams looked a patch on what I'd seen in the last couple of years. I think our fans are getting a bit punch-drunk from this type of result. All the best with the FA though you've got no chance because you're not AFC Wimbledon.

Never since I have been watching BTFC, have i seen supporters argue with supporters... But this season, it has happened twice, Ashford, and Yesterday... I know I shouldn't bring this up...

But is this realy what our club is turning into?

We didn't deserve to lose, but for not the first time.. It's come down to them taking their chance that they had.. I can't remember them troubling Tony too much in the second half.

It is not 420 minutes without scoring a league goal, you can probably argue it's not the managements fault that we havn't done that, but what we can ask questions to the management about is, why are we settling for a draw against Ramsgate and not bring on any Subs? When we should have tried to win the game? Then when we go 1-0 down, we bring on BWG without warming him up?!?! And facing the possibility of him pulling a hamstring.

It takes 1 mistake or a touch of magic to score a goal, and thats what happened with Rams. We can't just sit back and think that teams are not going to score, we have to be prepared, and even if that just means warming the subs up, at least they are warmed up and ready to come on.

Slowly getting closer to the dreaded R word..

The worst game of football I've seen since... er... let me think....... oh yes, last Saturday! An atrocious game played by two poor sides on a dodgy pitch. We huffed and puffed a bit, but the football we play is both banal and passionless. The 'R' word is being mentioned.

I dont think there is any doubt that we are now in a relegation (I've said the dreaded word!) scrap. Ok, so we've got a couple of games in hand, but we havent scored for 4 games let alone won a game!

We need some inspiration from somewhere and a big turnaround in form to get us out of this mess.

Anyone got Joe Baker's phone number? smile

Looking at the games we have, we have to play Harlow twice, Margate away, Hastings at home on Saturday, Heybridge twice.

All of these teams are currently below us and we have to win these games to get out of our current situation.

Who was it that said:

No team in our division can out football us. Our players are more than happy to be playing the likes of Dover and Staines. The same last season when we played Chelmsford and AFC Wimbledon. Give us a bit of space and time and we will show you slick passing, tricks and flicks. But put us in-front of a hard working, good spirited, physical side and we struggle.

Oh yeah, it was me about 6 weeks ago...Horsham, Dover Ramsgate?

I agree, losing 1-0 and in need of a goal and we have two strikers on the bench in Frankis and West and we dont replace Flack or Bricknell who had no success all afternoon. Frankis would have added fresh legs and could have at least ran around and closed players down and West could have been a central figure for us to hit and play from his flicks and knock downs in search of a goal. Lets hope for a better result Saturday.

Another rubbish performace, but we should all be used to them by now. I can only remember their keeper making one save from Wayne's 'pass back' from about 6 yards. Can't believe the MT didn't change things with about 20-25 mins to go, we had plenty of options on the bench?? Why wait till the 85th minute? We are now in a relegation battle and we need to start battling for like it, starting with Tuesday!

When you're suffering from a collective loss of confidence, all you can do is work as hard as you possibly can. We can't afford to worry too much about the fixture pile-up, or the league cup semi, we've got to tackle every game as though it's the last, most important game of the season.

I agree, I watched frankis today and he was excellent, he's got o much spirit its unreal, you cant stop him, today, he was fouled 3/4 times through on goal otherwise he would have scored a hat-rick, as it happens he popped up in extra time to score the winner, why is he on the bench!! give the boy a chance !! what have we to lose????

I left ramsgate on saturday very dissapointed. We played ok in patches but once again we seem to rely on Fergie or Dave Wareham creating something for us. Centre mid offered absolutely nothing in terms of an attacking threat which is not good enough at this level. Fergie and Wareham seemed to try too hard in the 2nd half, but I guess they feel its up to them to try and create something as nobody else will! And I cannot understand why Brad was left on the bench until the last 5 mins as Billy and Flacky were pretty ineffectual throughout the game. Relegation looms if we carry on like this I am afraid!