Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston Town 2 Hatfield Town 0

I was at Garden Walk for this one today. Hatfield competed well enough in the first half, and might well have had a penalty early on when Jason Beck was fouled as he ran into the box, but by staying on his feet he fooled the ref who was not very near.

Craig Hammond was unlucky to crash a header onto the crossbar.

Second half Royston got a scrappy goal through Hammond, which might have crossed the line twice and might have resulted from a bit of pushing, but again the ref wasn't very adjacent. Then The Crows sealed the points with a sublime Craig Hammond strike as he burst through a static Hatfield defence. Royston deserved the win, and, so far as I recall, there were no bookings for either side. Excellent ground, excellent food, enjoyed it!

Horace - Thanks for taking the trouble to come on to post that, what are the new improved facilities like at Garden Walk, I gather they have new dressing rooms and a new boardroom which was just a portacabin before. So Craig Hammond scored both goals then.

The dressing rooms are refurbished rather than new, and I didn't get to go in the boardroom, but I'm told by someone who did that it was very swish.

Hammond was the main difference between the sides. He was prominent throughout, and will be a threat to Premier Division defences next season. The other hot property, Robbins, wasn't playing.

Originally Posted By: Horace II

I didn't get to go in the boardroom

That's a surprise, you are General Secretary of the Herts County League afterall

The Royston Crow have already published a report with a great action shot of the man himself Craig Hammond, even Horace was forced to admit he was impressed on Saturday following his unannounced visit to Garden Walk:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

Make no mistake this was an excellent game played with full commitment by both sides. One of the, if not the best game I have seen at Garden Walk this season. Game was in balance until the first goal and from then Royston took control and probably should have won by a bigger margin after they took the lead.

Hatfield Town are an excellent team when they play with discipline. If they can play as they did on Saturday on a regular basis their team is good enough to challenge a promotion position !!

Yes but Craig Hammond is always going to be the difference isn't he and bring home the bacon for you. Here's a report from the Welwyn & Hatfield Times:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx