Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

6 A SIDE TOURNAMENT AT HERNS LANE

CHARITY 6 A SIDE TOURNAMENT

in aid of NORTH HERTS MND ASSOCIATION

SATURDAY 16th May 2009

At Welwyn Garden City Football Club

Herns Lane

The Tournament will be limited to 16 teams and places will be allocated on a strictly first come first served basis

Entry per team is

• 4 weeks later...

Oracle - I bought the Welwyn & Hatfield Times last Saturday on my way up to Biggleswade and there was a nice article about Del inside contained in the link below. I definitely hope to be at the six a side tournament on 16 May which, as you say, should be a great day:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

Bosman08 - Have a look on Welwyn Garden City's Website, there may be an alternative number you can call, if you can get hold of Steve's number he may know the position, I would have thought he was working hand in hand with Del on the event next week.

Bosman08 - That's a poor show, I thought Oracle and Bilbo had their fingers on the pulse where the Welwyn Garden City Website is concerned, Bilbo in particular likes to talk the talk but rarely, if at all, walks the walk.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

Only the Charity 6 a side to look forward to now.
Thats on Saturday 16th May, are you comming along Rhodes?
It's all for a good cause

Oracle - Tokyngton Manor have a team entered so I'll be at Herns Lane on Saturday to hopefully bury the hatchet with you and Bilbo if he's there.

Oracle - There's a nice preview of Saturday's tournament in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, I look forward to meeting you. I would have thought Bilbo could have travelled back from France for such a prestigious event or cut his holiday short, that's what I mean about him talking the talk but when it comes to walking the walk he is often left with egg on his face:

What an excellent tournament today at Herns Lane in aid of the North and West Herts Motor Neurone Disease Association and I'm glad that Oracle twisted Tokyngton Manor's arm to enter a team as they reached the final without conceding a goal, losing on penalties to Edgware Treble Winners after extra time with the score tied at 1-1. Del Deanus is the big winner today though and I will never have a bad word to say about him again, it was a real pleasure to meet him.

Quote:

Press Release - 17 May 2009

Tokyngton Manor Football Club entered the prestigious 6 A Side Tournament on Saturday (16 May) held in Welwyn Garden City in aid of the North and West Hertfordshire Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association. Against all expectation a squad of ten players, including Club registerred Russell Chandler, Stefan Bignal, Kingsley Kehmo, Jesse Reynolds, Abishal Spooner and Robert Pattwell, reached the final of the hotly contested competition without conceding a goal only to lose in a penalty shoot out to Edgware Treble Winners after extra time with the score locked at 1-1.
Club Chairman Terry Springer said afterwards "I am extremely proud of this great achievement in reaching the final of such a prestigious end of season Charity tournament in aid of the very worthy Motor Neurone Disease Association. The players involved deserve a big pat of the back for their commitment over a full day and seven tough matches and were wonderful ambassadors for this Club"

http://www.wgcfc.com/new_page.htm

Oracle - Thanks for that, Tokyngton Manor have issued a press statement following their amazing success at yesterday's tournament against all expectation, I'm sure it will be all over the local press like a rash later this week.

Congratulations to Tokyngton Manor Football Club. You really do seem to have the Midas touch don't you Rhodes. I wouldn't be surprised if the Premierships bottom Clubs aren't in touch before Sundays season defining games.

Conrad - Thanks for the compliment, I think, but tell that to Haringey Borough and Kentish Town, they didn't seem the slightest bit interested in publicity and always ended up shooting themselves in the foot.

I see that last Saturday's tournament is all over the Welwyn & Hatfield Times like a rash with lots of pics of Tokyngton Manor: